Easy Mode - Way to make the game easier

First of let me laugh at the title because "Easy Mode a way to make the game easier" ORLY? I thought it would make the game harder ahahahahhaa.

But seriously if they added this "easy mode" new people would'nt enjoy all the features in the game, as when for example going out to hunt MacTusk, risking your life to get 2 awesome items that will help you through your gameplay, or as beating adventure mode, getting the fuzzy feelings to have unlocked Maxwell. If "easy" mode was implemented everyone would be too scared to go into the "normal" mode.

so, i came new here yesterday,a nd several people have been so rude to me!!

you call me an ass!?!?!?!?!?

i way how much i like the game, and you are supposed to like the game too!!!

you call me an ass because that other person kept returnign to the idea i make and bashing it, over and over and over saying the same thing over and over

why is so many people on this website so mean to other persons?

what is wrong with this place?

are there no moderators to watch this?

you all make me not want to play the game anymore with your horrible rudesness

if you dont like the idea, great, you dont have to play it

noone understands that?!??

you say:

It would encourage new players to simplify their gaming experience, and it clashes with the core intent of the game.

why do you even care what new players do? there is no multiplayer, you will never even know what they do!!!

the intent of the game will be EXACTLY the same for those who choose "Normal" mode

you dont have to choose easy mode you know

i think you are all so biased in your own ways you cannot stop to see the truth in what i say

why is so many people on this website so mean to other persons?

what is wrong with this place?

are there no moderators to watch this?

you all make me not want to play the game anymore with your horrible rudesness

Talking about us like you know all of us?! These forums are being run by various modarators, and please we are just giving you feedback on your ideia, and yet none hava agreed with it, deal with it if no one here on the forums likes your ideia

i think you are all so biased in your own ways you cannot stop to see the truth in what i say

there is no truth in anyones statements, there is just opinion so don't try and use that argument on people.

you are also saying we are "niche and hardcore gamers" no we aren't we don't take the game seriously we just want to have fun if we were really like that we'd be playing with mods to make the game much much harder.

Considering the opinion we have portrayed is in the majority it makes your opinion the Niche'd one.

Bias happens everywhere, your opinion that we are biased is biased as its subjective to your view only. our opinion is also biased but so is yours, so don't act like you are being objective.

I'm not going to bother going on and on listing the problems in those statements I have better things to do.

there is no truth in anyones statements, there is just opinion so don't try and use that argument on people.

you are also saying we are "niche and hardcore gamers" no we aren't we don't take the game seriously we just want to have fun if we were really like that we'd be playing with mods to make the game much much harder.

Considering the opinion we have portrayed is in the majority it makes your opinion the Niche'd one.

Bias happens everywhere, your opinion that we are biased is biased as its subjective to your view only. our opinion is also biased but so is yours, so don't act like you are being objective.

I'm not going to bother going on and on listing the problems in those statements I have better things to do.

this is the funniest thing yet i read here

you cant see the forest for the trees my friend, it will limit your success in life im afraid

the game, i like it as is!!!  i kill spiders every day!!  i tell everyone how great the game is here!

now dozens of people want to buy it but are telling me to tell KLEI what they want on PS4

is this not how it should be? customers want something, company sells them thing they want and ask for

so much negativity here, this place needs a good cleaning and breath of fresh air

noone seems to realize this is not about the people who already own the game now on PC

it is about the PS4 new customers who have never played the game

if it gets a bad word of mouth that "its too hard" or "its not fun because you lose everything you worked for" then the game is NOT going to do as well with a broader audience

i jsut want the game to the best it can because i really like it  liek the art and music and everything

i think you are all being silly attacking me for my idea, you are limiting the audience for the game and limiting KLEI's potential success

this is the funniest thing yet i read here

you cant see the forest for the trees my friend, it will limit your success in life im afraid

the game, i like it as is!!!  i kill spiders every day!!  i tell everyone how great the game is here!

now dozens of people want to buy it but are telling me to tell KLEI what they want on PS4

is this not how it should be? customers want something, company sells them thing they want and ask for

so much negativity here, this place needs a good cleaning and breath of fresh air

noone seems to realize this is not about the people who already own the game now on PC

it is about the PS4 new customers who have never played the game

if it gets a bad word of mouth that "its too hard" or "its not fun because you lose everything you worked for" then the game is NOT going to do as well with a broader audience

i jsut want the game to the best it can because i really like it  liek the art and music and everything

i think you are all being silly attacking me for my idea, you are limiting the audience for the game and limiting KLEI's potential success

Im not attacking you, you are the one being aggressive:

that's being aggressive so don't act all high and mighty.

I was just merely pointing out problems that you could notice and rectify.

I get that this game is not easy for everyone and not hard enough for others, that's why the community is quite small. however it does not mean the company isn't being successful

A wise man once said "the most successful companies are often the least profitable"

if they caved in and gave everyone what they wanted and ignored their own goals this game would be awful! they listen to their community but only take into account ideas that could be very helpful.

So no, it is not as simple as "customers ask, customers get" it is far more intricate than that the company must stick to their own views but take into account other ideas and incorporate ones that could help their goals for true success. While catering for the masses would bring money they are not a money grabbing company like EA or Ubisoft etc. They make games since they enjoy it not to profiteer. While money is extremely helpful it does not seem to be their primary goal.

besides they cater for the newer players all the time, most requests to make it harder are ignored, so the soon to be new community should have little to no problems whatsoever. If you think permadeath will put people off you are right, but it is an integral part of the game that the will never change just to cater for the majority of PS4 players.

This game is a rougelike as I said a few posts back so it won't cater for everyone as it is a small amount of people that enjoy the rougelike genre.

The whole appeal of the game is its initial difficulty. Without it, it falls apart quite quickly. You're expected to die a lot to begin with, and if you're still repeatedly dying to the same thing, it's not the game's fault. Also, once you learn how not to die to everything, game over.

Im not attacking you, you are the one being aggressive:

that's being aggressive so don't act all high and mighty.

dont you see i try to help you? how is giving life advice being aggressive? i tried to help you?!? 

"you cant see the forest for the trees" is a very old thing, i think you must know of it? cant you see i try to help you?

A wise man once said "the most successful companies are often the least profitable"

does KLEI have shareholders? i think they would disagree wtih you im afraid ahahha

still, even the developers must giggle at that

. If you think permadeath will put people off you are right, but it is an integral part of the game that the will never change just to cater for the majority of PS4 players.

you say with such certainty, are you a developer of the game? im sorry if i did not know you were

This game is a rougelike as I said a few posts back so it won't cater for everyone as it is a small amount of people that enjoy the rougelike genre.

this is marketing doom my friend

Dont Starve has STRONG crossover appeal based on similarities to Minecraft and the growing in popularity Terrarria

BUT Dont Starve has a better story, art direction, gameplay, and commited development team adding new content all the time!

it has the potential to be a hit with casuals AND those who appreciate the hardcore rougelike elements of the "normal" mode

by adding both you COMPROMISE NOTHING while GAINING CUSTOMERS

simple, yes?

:love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

dont you see i try to help you? how is giving life advice being aggressive? i tried to help you?!? 

"you cant see the forest for the trees" is a very old thing, i think you must know of it? cant you see i try to help you?

does KLEI have shareholders? i think they would disagree wtih you im afraid ahahha

. If you think permadeath will put people off you are right, but it is an integral part of the game that the will never change just to cater for the majority of PS4 players.

you say with such certainty, are you a developer of the game? im sorry if i did not know you were

Dont Starve has STRONG crossover appeal based on similarities to Minecraft and the growing in popularity Terrarria

BUT Dont Starve has a better story, art direction, gameplay, and commited development team adding new content all the time!

it has the potential to be a hit with casuals AND those who appreciate the hardcore rougelike elements of the "normal" mode

simple, yes?

There is a difference between giving life advice and being extraordinarily condescending. You are being extraordinarily condescending. Now, for the last time we understand what you're trying to propose and a lot of us dislike the idea. You're repeating yourself, and being extremely rude each time you do. We're not developers of the game, but how does that mean we're not aware that permadeath is what the game is based around and creating an easy mode to simplify the gaming experience would go against what the developers want for the game? Simple. Yes.

simple, yes?

that is not life advice that is an insult. advice would say how to rectify the problem not just point it out and extrapolate it.

I'm no developer but I have seen posts by them heard of posts by them and I have a decent grasp of how business works (qualification in business)

crossover appeal is always there for any game, but if everything did do that there would beno originals and thats one of the USP's (unique selling points) of don't starve its a relatively unused game concept with many twists to make it far more unique

also you really contradicted yourself in the closing statements, you said it has to change then you went to say compromising nothing. 

simple, yes?

All your thinking about is the profit they want and the money, Klei listens to us and knows that an easy mode would mess up the game. Look up the definition of a roguelike game. And if you really think that's how the Indie gaming business works then you haven't got a clue how it works actually.

Don't Starve succes has nothing to do with Minecrafts or Terrarias, it's nothing like these games at all, seriously where are you getting these similarities? All because you can build stuff and collect resources, if that's how you see the game is similar to those to then you really not know variety when you see it.

And there you go saying the game should appeal to other audiences. Don't Starve is a niche game with a small devoted fanbase that support it hardcore and its uncompromising nature, why not add ak-47's and made all the female characters with giant breasts and act sl*ty all the time like EA and all the other publishers that have screwed up their games by trying to "broaden their appeal"!

Now, for the last time we understand what you're trying to propose and a lot of us dislike the idea. You're repeating yourself

????

this is my thread i started hahaha

more proof is in the pudding yes?? hahaha

your logic is flawed my friend, im not insulting you, only trying to help you, but you are so angry you dont understand me?

"you said it has to change then you went to say compromising nothing."

i say main game wont be changed and you compromise nothing in it with the addition of easy mode

if you play on easy mode, game will be different

if you play normal mode, game will be as is now

please to understand me

All your thinking about is the profit they want and the money, Klei listens to us and knows that an easy mode would mess up the game. Look up the definition of a roguelike game. And if you really think that's how the Indie gaming business works then you haven't got a clue how it works actually.

Don't Starve succes has nothing to do with Minecrafts or Terrarias, it's nothing like these games at all, seriously where are you getting these similarities? All because you can build stuff and collect resources, if that's how you see the game is similar to those to then you really not know variety when you see it.

And there you go saying the game should appeal to other audiences. Don't Starve is a niche game with a small devoted fanbase that support it hardcore and its uncompromising nature, why not add ak-47's and made all the female characters with giant breasts and act sl*ty all the time like EA and all the other publishers that have screwed up their games by trying to "broaden their appeal"!

Wickerbottom what are you.. Wickerbottom, stahp!

"you said it has to change then you went to say compromising nothing."

i say main game wont be changed and you compromise nothing in it with the addition of easy mode

if you play on easy mode, game will be different

if you play normal mode, game will be as is now

please to understand me

I understand, but by simply adding an element like easy mode it could cause many controversial issues for the community as the other modes would invariably be affected over time about issues regarding the easy modes balance

not all consequences are clear as day, some are very drawn out and slow to notice like this ones would be

where do you get this idea? is sickening and disrespectful to women

he is mocking about 60% of large game companies he is not using his own veiws

I understand, but by simply adding an element like easy mode it could cause many controversial issues for the community as the other modes would invariably be affected over time about issues regarding the easy modes balance

not all consequences are clear as day, some are very drawn out and slow to notice like this ones would be

thank you for responding!! and thank you so much for understanding!!

i am interested in what you say to explain it more to me, thank you

what controversial issues could affect the normal game mode if the code remains untouched entirely? only a new mode would affect gameplay at all- all balancing would be done for the easy mode only

thank you for responding!! and thank you so much for understanding!!

i am interested in what you say to explain it more to me, thank you

what controversial issues could affect the normal game mode if the code remains untouched entirely? only a new mode would affect gameplay at all- all balancing would be done for the easy mode only

the code could not remain untouched, for it is the code that controls all.

by adding two modes there would need to be twice as much code to handle as each respective mode would have its own default world-gen which could be edited by the map options making even more code necessary thuis making it a large workload at this stage in development (pretty much finished, just sprucing up, making DLC and making PS4 optimisations currently)

also if the balancing was done only for one in the end the two modes would differ so much it'd essentially be a different game for each mode. so both would have to be taken into account making a higher use of Klei's creative staff and lots of time.

While the idea would sound harmless at a first glance it is in fact quite the contrary

thank you for your response!

i understand what you say, but unfortunately it is all conjecture at this point, as i understand you are not a developer, so how could you possibly know about how exactly they could implement this? please to remember i mean no disrespect.

only one game can run at a time, you can already have 4 game slots with 4 different complete worlds, and within that you can customize the world settings to be drastically different (which is great, and can indeed make the game easier to play, but not in the ways im suggesting)

i think it could very easy to achieve!!!  just like modders can change many aspects of the game to do just what i propose already on the PC version, and KLEI know the code inside and out since they are the geniuses who made such a great game

i have no doubt in my mind they could do it easily and pain free

:happypigs:

I just think it's not worth their time. Multiplayer would probably have added to the fanbase and increased sales, yet they still gave an emphatic No.

Also, they made it pretty clear they wanted the PS4 version to be exactly like the PC version.

thank you for your response!

i understand what you say, but unfortunately it is all conjecture at this point, as i understand you are not a developer, so how could you possibly know about how exactly they could implement this? please to remember i mean no disrespect.

only one game can run at a time, you can already have 4 game slots with 4 different complete worlds, and within that you can customize the world settings to be drastically different (which is great, and can indeed make the game easier to play, but not in the ways im suggesting)

i think it could very easy to achieve!!!  just like modders can change many aspects of the game to do just what i propose already on the PC version, and KLEI know the code inside and out since they are the geniuses who made such a great game

i have no doubt in my mind they could do it easily and pain free

:happypigs:

The modding API is almost identical to the one they use themselves all the files that control the game are in LUA form and accessible by the "average joe" so to speak. it takes a combination of many, many folders full of files to carry out some functions. I tried modding its no easy task even the simplest of functions can take hours to make 

worldgen is also quite code intensive so having two defaults, would add to the amount. More code being used at once means lower performance and the PS4 isn't that good for performance in comparison to the normal PC.

This game shouldn't have an Easy Mode for the same reason Dark Souls doesn't have one. I'd rather the devs stayed true to the game they made instead of going the Call of Duty way.

reached my quota... damn

Archived