Easy Mode - Way to make the game easier

Hello ALL!

I am coming here to talk about the greatest game Dont Starve!

I am the best at the game but my friends want buy it but dont want to die so much and lose everything always

why not you make a way so we can be happy?

a new mode "Easy"!!!

:love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

i know you can change world settings in menu but why not most important things!!!

When you die you reload at base withourt losing all your things!!!

maybe a autosave slots like most games you can reload instantly to keep playing when you die so much

it would make game better seeming for many other people to buy not just ones who dont mind dieing and losing all the time my friends all like game but dont want to buy it if they die so much

haha

:lemo::joyous::indecisiveness::loyal:

or an autosave that really saves the game, not lose save when die only

it seem like they are losing money by not having a whole seperate "easy" mode for other peoples

where monsters only hurt you for half as much!!!!!!!!!! you can attack more and have fun in easy mode

that way everyone can be ok

also we think it needs more powerful weapon to make from sticks and grass and wood and stones

thank you for listen to me and thank you for GREAT game i love so much to play it always

:wilson_blush:

That wouldn't be possible.

then your points are all invalid i guess

more people buying game = more money for makers of game

more money for makers of game = more content for more experienced users who never use "easy" mode

now you understand?

then your points are all invalid i guess

more people buying game = more money for makers of game

more money for makers of game = more content for more experienced users who never use "easy" mode

now you understand?

You're confusing me.

Consoles don't support mods at all, and not everyone wants their gaming experience to be handed to them on a silver decorative platter.

im sorry im confusing you, im new here, so ill thank you to understand

i say: introduce a new easy mode into the game separate form normal mode

you say: there are mods that do it

i say: what about the millions of PS4 owners out there?

you say: mods cant be on PS4

so then my idea for easy mode being put into main game is valid since mods cant be on PS4

so now you understand that part

next i help you understand better is:

you say: not everyone wants their gaming experience to be handed to them on a silver decorative platter.

i already said: it would be an option you choose before game world start so normal players would never have to play it

thank you for understanding?

:love_heart:

word of mouth is huge with new game on new next-gen system!!!

if people like game, it does great, if only some small group of "hardcore" people like the game, it will only do not  as well

thank you for discussing this with us!!!

i like to talk about this great game

Might as well add to your OP make monsters do 0 damage and remove sanity, hunger and give infinite health.

But seriously, an easy mode would defeat the point of the game. Don't Starve already has become easier over time for new players which relativity isn't a bad thing, Yes it would more people and can bring in more profit, but what you're suggesting is flat out ridiculous and would make the game unfun, there would be no risk, nothing to worry about and would very quickly become boring without any looming threat to keep you on your toes. Think about it, what makes you terrified of the Deerclops? Because of how fearsome he is. But not in easy mode he isn't, that means he would do about..43 damage, and with a grass suit you could destroy him with ease, he wouldn't be a threat to you anymore. Even Minecraft has punishments when you die and it's terribly compromising, that's what makes games fun, the challenge and difficulty they bring to us, plus difficulty settings are so overused as it is.

thank you for responding!

i agree with you because i can kill many spiders!

but my friends and others i know (little kids) have seen me playing and all like the game but they will never buy it like it is now, thats like 12 people i can think of in just my apartmeants

would you turn them away as potential customers>?

i agree minecraft is very popular even here too!!!

so it is GOOD if a "buzz" is created by the similarities between the two games!!!!

an easy mode would change nothing for you if you choose not to play it.  Some people like to build bases and have fun and attack spiders and go into caves for fun, now as soon as you die once its all over! (i know about meat symbols and rock altars bringing you back though of course but you lose ALL your stuff...not fun for everyone!

so you can have your game as it is and the few hundred thousand casual players that buy the game for easy mode can make the game developers rich

:)

you see, we both can be happy!

thank you for responding!

i agree with you because i can kill many spiders!

but my friends and others i know (little kids) have seen me playing and all like the game but they will never buy it like it is now, thats like 12 people i can think of in just my apartmeants

1. would you turn them away as potential customers>?

2. i agree minecraft is very popular even here too!!!

2. so it is GOOD if a "buzz" is created by the similarities between the two games!!!!

3. an easy mode would change nothing for you if you choose not to play it.  Some people like to build bases and have fun and attack spiders and go into caves for fun, now as soon as you die once its all over! (i know about meat symbols and rock altars bringing you back though of course but you lose ALL your stuff...not fun for everyone!

4. so you can have your game as it is and the few hundred thousand casual players that buy the game for easy mode can make the game developers rich

:-)

you see, we both can be happy!

Seriously you need to work on your grammar and spelling.

1. So homogenize the game by making it simpler just like many other games to get more profit? Sorry Klei isn't EA.

2. I have no idea where you gotten those points from.

3. I never said dyeing was fun. Heck I'm not a fan of losing everything to but it keeps me alert and to be careful in the game. Without perma death and not punishment for dying there would be no stopping you. No monster or threat. The game would become boring without any risks or stakes, It's like betting a dollar in a gambling competition, if you loose you won't be affected as much but it wouldn't be fun or more suspenseful.

4. What makes you think all games should appeal to casual players. That's like trying to make CoD appeal to puzzle gamers. And also what makes you think Klei wants to get rich of the game? Your making it sound like Klei is EA here. Gaming company's aren't here to make us money but to entertain us, earning money isn't a bad thing.

Seriously you need to work on your grammar and spelling.

hi thank you for responding, but please to not be so rude, i am new here tongiht!!! we are all fans of this great game right? whya re you this way? you are not the only one who has been rude to me here? why?

im not sure why you are having such difficulties understanding my typing this issue

you seem to think you would have to play the easy mode-

but at the start of the game before you choose your character to play as you can choose your difficulty

and why wouldnt KLEI game makers want to get rich?  and reach more people?

isnt that the point of a company nowadays?

besides, they would be compromising nothing!!!!!  the original game mode would be untouched!

i guarantee this easy mode idea will be a huge success for the KLEI game makers on the PS4 when it gets reviewed again!!

the older brother can play normal mode and little brother can play easy mode, why is taht so bad?

hi thank you for responding, but please to not be so rude, i am new here tongiht!!! we are all fans of this great game right? whya re you this way? you are not the only one who has been rude to me here? why?

im not sure why you are having such difficulties understanding my typing this issue

1. you seem to think you would have to play the easy mode-

but at the start of the game before you choose your character to play as you can choose your difficulty

2. and why wouldnt KLEI game makers want to get rich?  and reach more people?

3. isnt that the point of a company nowadays?

4. besides, they would be compromising nothing!!!!!  the original game mode would be untouched!

5. i guarantee this easy mode idea will be a huge success for the KLEI game makers on the PS4 when it gets reviewed again!!

the older brother can play normal mode and little brother can play easy mode, why is taht so bad?

1. I never said they had to play easy mode, but even still the idea is to OP.

2. I never said wanting to get money was a bad thing, you were wording it wrong.

3. *COUGH CLICK THE LINK*

4. The game would be touched.

5. Face it, Klei isn't going to add an easy mode.

1. I never said they had to play easy mode, but even still the idea is to OP.

2. I never said wanting to get money was a bad thing, you were wording it wrong.

3. *COUGH CLICK THE LINK*

5. Face it, Klei isn't going to add an easy mode.

i thought this was the "suggestions and feedback" section???

why do you feel its necessary to be rude?  so now im wording it wrong so you cant understand it? hahaha

:livid: :livid: :livid:

you jsut like to argue, i can tell!!!!!!  this forum seems to have more than a few people that take pleasure in others pain, by trying to make them feel bad,...  why is it this way here? 

example:

i say directly:

:the original game mode would be untouched!

you respond:

hahaaha you just like to argue hahaha at you

i  had an idea that everyone seems to want around me, and it makes sense for me to share it with KLEI game makers

im sorry you dont like it though, but since you dont work for KLEI you dont know what they will do for PS4 and the potential millions of new customers

if you honestly think Dont Starve will do as well as is on the PS4, you are not thinking

its the difference between it disappearing into a sea of digital indie games and standing out as a popular choice for a range of demographics

anyway, i thinnk i know how you feel on this subject. thanks for your input

ok, i get it, you dont like the idea. 

with all respect due to you, you remind me of the ostrich, everything you dont want to believe or deal with you stick your head in the sand, hoping things will never change

thank so much for your coherent, thoughtful and necessary replies.

with all respect due to you, you remind me of the ostrich, everything you dont want to believe or deal with you stick your head in the sand, hoping things will never change

Well alrighty then.

you can do it yourself using the in game map options when you start a world.

yes as you said you can still die and its annoying, but the game does fit in to the rouguelike genre where death is part of the learning cycle, would you like to sit in a world where nothing interesting happens so you never learn how to play?

"a boring game where you walk around and pick berries" that is the equivalent of what you are asking for.

but I doubt there will be an easy mode setting considering the fact you can make the game easy without any mods or any 3rd party software just by simply tweaking world-gen which you know how to do as you mentioned it in the first paragraph. 

let me explain to you all:

you are all biased since you have played teh game and enjoyed it as is, you are considered "niche" gamers or "hardcore" gamers

but since the game is going to be released on PS4, there will be MANY MANY who have NOT ever played the game, and it is crucial at this time to have good word of mouth and an accessible game to newcomers.

im simply afraid the game will not do very well if they decide to keep the game for only a certain audience on PS4.

you are all so concerned with sacrificing difficulty you cant see what im really trying to say here.

its not about simply making the game easier, its about spreading the game as far as it can go to reach as many people as possible!!!!

and an easy mode, that has nothing to do with the default "vanilla" game as you call it

most of you wont ever play with the easy mode, i dont understand why you all are so obviously against something that would never affect you

thank you for understanding

:lemo: :lemo: :lemo:

dont you want the game to be successful on PS4?

i thought this was the "suggestions and feedback" section???

why do you feel its necessary to be rude?  so now im wording it wrong so you cant understand it? hahaha

:livid: :livid: :livid:

you jsut like to argue, i can tell!!!!!!  this forum seems to have more than a few people that take pleasure in others pain, by trying to make them feel bad,...  why is it this way here? 

example:

i say directly:

:the original game mode would be untouched!

you respond:

hahaaha you just like to argue hahaha at you

Xjurwi gave you basic feedback for why he didn't like the ideas. Feedback is not arguing. You're being kind of ass here, just laying into him. This is the suggestions and feedback section. You gave a suggestion, he gave feedback. If it seems like I'm being condescending here I'm using the same cadence as you have when you keep telling us we don't understand what you're saying, even though we understand perfectly well.

You're definitely being a ass here. You managed to be outright aggressive and passive aggressive in the same breath. Stop this, it's not going to get you anywhere and will just make people even more averse to listening to your ideas, regardless of what they might be.

You said you want an easy mode for PS4 because PS4 lacks modding capabilities. You keep repeating it saying we don't understand and we do, but, we just don't like that idea. It would encourage new players to simplify their gaming experience, and it clashes with the core intent of the game. Notice that I'm not talking about how it would affect me personally, but how it would affect the intent. If your friends want to play an easy mode, tell them to mess with the world options, as has already been suggested here. That doesn't take any modding.

Archived