its here

sovietfirepower

Ive seen that game I'd like to try it out when i can. It looks great.

what made me think it was even better was seeing there are falling tree animations

Does it have anything better than terraria?

from what I've seen the only similar thing is the art style (since terrarias lead artist was working on it)

Ive seen that game I'd like to try it out when i can. It looks great.

what made me think it was even better was seeing there are falling tree animations

from what I've seen the only similar thing is the art style (since terrarias lead artist was working on it)

isn't the core gameplay the same too?

isn't the core gameplay the same too?

its actually very different from what i have heard and seen.

There are quests, everything you find is randomised (goodbye predictable loot!) unfortunately that is all I know so far as i wasn't on the hype train for it or even looked at anything about it till very recently. But it looks promising

I'm ready to play, but I'm thinking about waiting to play with my fiance. She's too busy.

Anyway, there are elements in Starbound that are in Terraria just as there are elements in Minecraft that are in Terraria.

If you wanna look at it like this, Terraria is more of an RPG than Minecraft, but Starbound is more of an RPG than Terraria. A few big features are not implemented in the early beta either, like monster taming.

Also, look at Edge of Space vs Starbound. I haven't played either yet, but just by looking at gameplay videos, I feel that Starbound is a much higher quality game. It shows the difference between innovating done right and done wrong. (but like I said, I haven't played either. I could change my opinion)

Well i don' see it on the store but i just wait a bit and will buy it with Maia together (seriously today is the day of awesome early acces games)

They're sending out beta keys any minute now, but I don't know if there will instantly be a store page for it.

also, the starbound website is overloaded.

They're sending out beta keys any minute now, but I don't know if there will instantly be a store page for it.

also, the starbound website is overloaded.

yeah i know buddy of mine is also waiting for his key and said that the site is down ohh well i can wait 1 more day if its nessesary

yeah i know buddy of mine is also waiting for his key and said that the site is down ohh well i can wait 1 more day if its nessesary

All I know is I just logged on Humble (I had preordered it), redeemed my Steam key and am now installing it.

But the download speed is ridiculously slow, around 12KB/s. And I have a 100Mbps internet connection. The servers are certainly very busy with it. :razz:

All I know is I just logged on Humble (I had preordered it), redeemed my Steam key and am now installing it.

But the download speed is ridiculously slow, around 12KB/s. And I have a 100Mbps internet connection. The servers are certainly very busy with it. :razz:

if you're using steam, change your d/l location to something random and probably empty.

During the beta they'll give game keys for free?

That's as much of a possibility for this game as any other game, but I've seen no mention of that being the case. I think they might have done it during past streams.

Could you please explain me something about this?

What Mr.P said, essentially. Though, be aware that describing it like that is a simplification (yet still pretty accurate).

@TeoSS69 What did you want in Terraria that it didn't have that would have made you want to buy it?

I hope this game bound for the stars will be a lot better than the footage I have witnessed in the not so distant past.. It looked promising, but lacked a certain feeling of "this is a great game". Please, Enthusiasts of the Bound Stars, prove me wrong! (Reviews and thoughts emitted in this thread would be great)

not every company can afford to take that risk

and not every company needs that incentive. I mean, before it even came to Steam, there's over 2.3 million dollars in preorders.

It's actually pretty uncommon to give away a free copy of the game with every purchase anyway.

I hope this game bound for the stars will be a lot better than the footage I have witnessed in the not so distant past.. It looked promising, but lacked a certain feeling of "this is a great game". Please, Enthusiasts of the Bound Stars, prove me wrong! (Reviews and thoughts emitted in this thread would be great)

If you hate Terraria, this probably isn't your cup of Teo.

Archived