[Mod Idea] Clockwork Tooth Trap

Ortorin

I sorta have a prototype as it is.

I thought of a simple and effective animation for your model.  With the picture as you have it, the trap would start to turn spinning the teeth like a fan. When the trap retracts it does a lazy corkscrew into the earth. When it is triggered, it spins out of the ground quickly and violently.

I think this would be a nice touch, remove teeth from the sprite to show "damage" and indicate when the trap needs another tooth.

I can better explain any part of that if you like. =D

I thought of a simple and effective animation for your model.  With the picture as you have it, the trap would start to turn spinning the teeth like a fan. When the trap retracts it does a lazy corkscrew into the earth. When it is triggered, it spins out of the ground quickly and violently.

I think this would be a nice touch, remove teeth from the sprite to show "damage" and indicate when the trap needs another tooth.

I can better explain any part of that if you like. =D

I quickly did some edits to what it would like when a Tooth is missing and it needs refilled.

I has a suggestion.

The gear in the tooth trap doesn't really look like a gear. I mean, it does, but the color is off. Try and make it more orange-y, because it looks kinda like a wooden disc.

(But if that's what you want it to look like, it's fine.)

I quickly did some edits to what it would like when a Tooth is missing and it needs refilled.

Looks good to me. ;]

Could you make it into an atlas? (is the img link I posted working for you?)

The smaller trap in the middle corresponds to the trap as an item put on the ground, but not placed ("armed").

I has a suggestion.

The gear in the tooth trap doesn't really look like a gear. I mean, it does, but the color is off. Try and make it more orange-y, because it looks kinda like a wooden disc.

(But if that's what you want it to look like, it's fine.)

I believe it is a wooden disc, and the gear is being considered an internal part of the gadget.

Looks good to me. ;]

Could you make it into an atlas? (is the img link I posted working for you?)

The smaller trap in the middle corresponds to the trap as an item put on the ground, but not placed ("armed").

I believe it is a wooden disc, and the gear is being considered an internal part of the gadget.

I'll see about that.

Testing area has been built. That's 70 traps in there. This is going to be fun!  :devilish: 

Just keep this in mind, since the issue affects both regular and clockwork tooth traps* (and can't be solved by a mod without rewriting parts of the game).

* Bee mines too. It affects everything that has the "mine" component.

The traps preform very well. I tweaked the reset time to 8 seconds. Other than that, I don't see anything else that needs to be changed. I'll have to start using these in a real game to get a better feel for how powerful they are.

The traps preform very well. I tweaked the reset time to 8 seconds. Other than that, I don't see anything else that needs to be changed. I'll have to start using these in a real game to get a better feel for how powerful they are.

I think every time the trap uses up a tooth the damage should go down a little.

I think every time the trap uses up a tooth the damage should go down a little.

While that might make realistic sense, it doesn't follow vanilla game logic.Also, it would be a pain in the arse trying to balance that properly.

Archived