Another of Ortorin's mod ideas: Craftable Shadow Spike weapons.

Ortorin

Prehistulator - 2 Nightmare Fuel, 3 Hounds Teeth, 2 Twigs

Looks like a shadow version of the tentacle spike. Same durability, slightly higher damage. Very small insanity drain when equipped.

I like the idea of having a shadow weapon that is a lower tier than the sword. This recipe is crude in it's materials. The magic contained in this weapon is simply a cloak. Where the Dark Sword is combing the power contained in Nightmare Fuel and Living Logs to conjure a powerful sword, the Shadow Spike is voodoo magic with some Hounds Teeth to create a shadow copy of the Tentical Spike.

What do you think?

I've got most of the code worked out, if anyone would like to have a go at art or quotes

Edit - Right now, it does 60 damage, has 100 durability the crafting recipe is 1 tentacle spike 3 nightmare fuel

and it has a sanity drain that of being around evil flowers

I think I made the image too big and my computer was like:

"2b1g4m3"

It looks pretty cool, but it'd be hard to make the inventory images and swap and ground files out of that, usually the best way to go about it is to make a high quality inventory image that i can go off of to make the swap and ground images

Edit - i made a placeholder picture for it so i can test the mod

It looks pretty cool, but it'd be hard to make the inventory images and swap and ground files out of that, usually the best way to go about it is to make a high quality inventory image that i can go off of to make the swap and ground images

Edit - i made a placeholder picture for it so i can test the mod

I could do less tentacles.

Alright, less tentacles but to make up I added some texture-y nightmarish streak thingies.

EJtKr8r.png

I've got most of the code worked out, if anyone would like to have a go at art or quotes

Edit - Right now, it does 60 damage, has 100 durability the crafting recipe is 1 tentacle spike 3 nightmare fuel

and it has a sanity drain that of being around evil flowers

Wow, thank you for the work. I figured it wasn't that hard, I jsut don't know how to do it. xD

I was thinking about 58 damage, plus 2 fuel, 2-3 teeth, 2 twigs. This is suppose to be a tentacle spike substitute. Having the spike in the recipe destroys the whole meaning behind the existence of the weapon. It's for when you DON'T have a spike.

Wow, thank you for the work. I figured it wasn't that hard, I jsut don't know how to do it. xD

I was thinking about 58 damage, plus 2 fuel, 2-3 teeth, 2 twigs. Having a tentacle spike in the recipe takes away from the fact that this is a tentacle spike shadow-magic replacement. 

Alright, as soon as i get everything working i can start tweaking, i'll take these things into consideration (the current things will probably be changed.. alot)

I'd say the damage needs to be 60, its more between tentacle spike and nightmare sword, nightmarefuel isnt that easy to get, not to mention the small sanity drain might hurt you in some circumstances

If my art is too complicated or anything I could just draw a black tentacle spike.

Honestly, just taking the artwork for the spike and editing it to be black would be great. I don't need super fancy graphics to enjoy something. (It helps though xD)

Archived