[crash][linux][rev86210]always crash at start of map loading scene

alecone

[crash][linux][rev86210]always crash at start of map loading scene

the title screen is ok. and, with 20th main-stream update, <A Moderately Friendly Update>, i mean rev.85089, i did NOT get this issue. same PC, same nvidia video card driver, same linux distro, same ver. of steam platform client.

so, on linux, my rev 86210 always crashes there, when loading the game.

my environments:

linux 64bit ubuntu 12.10 with steam latest(not beta ver. of steam, it's the 2013sep.20th build of the steam platform for ubuntu).

video card driver: nvidia 304.88(i know this driver is a little bit old, user should use 310.xx or newer, but, on linux 64bit, it is not that easy to setup the video card driver both working on 32bit software architecture and 64bit architecture, steam linux ver. is based on 32bit, i have to enable 32bit linux video card driver working with direct rendering and openGL set-ups for 32bit applications...on linux 64bit. i only know how to fix that with 304.xx, i don't know how to make that with 310.xx or newer...)

so, hope that crash issue would be fixed soon.

thanks.

Do you have any log file?

-

rev86446ubuntucrashlog.txt

-

log file? what is the log file folder path for don't starve test preview ver.? is that /home/$MYNAME/.klei/DoNotStarve/log.txt??

i found no log file under ~/Documents/ on ubuntu. hope that the one i uploaded is the one you need.

if i switch back to rev.85089, everything 's normal.

and if i switch to rev. 86446(not the version yesterday, i found you updated that today, but the bug still there), it crashes when generating world map...

thanks.

Archived