So what happened to these planned secret characters?

ConeyKrab

I remember back on the updated plan for DS, the devs said they had some characters planned that we'd have to wait and see. They're not in this patch, and we've only got one left. Are they coming at all, or are they falling away like other stuff we've been assured of?

I don't quite want spoilers, but I'd like to know if we're actually getting them.

I don't think we will see them in these 2 updates.Not because it's more likely to be part of the DLC,just because with just 2 updates left we just have 2 more puzzles to explain why charlie became the grue,make all characters cannon and explain why Maxwell started sending people to the islands

I remember back on the updated plan for DS, the devs said they had some characters planned that we'd have to wait and see. They're not in this patch, and we've only got one left. Are they coming at all, or are they falling away like other stuff we've been assured of?

I don't quite want spoilers, but I'd like to know if we're actually getting them.

Bigfoot mentioned in this post: that any new characters would be in download content.  The last two updates will be mainly bug fixes and maybe a mob or two.

See, @TeoSS69, no attitude, just the facts.

...So what’s to come after the the six months is over? We’re not quite sure yet, but we are excited to figure it out! In terms of updates, the team needs a break from 3 week sprints, that’s for sure. We still have a couple of surprise characters planned. I can’t say more about them right now, because they are supposed to be a surprise.When November rolls around, the majority of the dev team is going to focus on the first Don’t Starve DLC. We haven’t decided what this is going to be yet (not multiplayer!), but I think that we are leaning towards bringing crazy new challenges set in the same world. We want to be able to make big scary changes to the game rules and do strange new things without changing the core, vanilla DS experience.We hope to include the community in the DLC development like we have in the past....

...So what’s to come after the the six months is over? We’re not quite sure yet, but we are excited to figure it out! In terms of updates, the team needs a break from 3 week sprints, that’s for sure. We still have a couple of surprise characters planned. I can’t say more about them right now, because they are supposed to be a surprise.When November rolls around, the majority of the dev team is going to focus on the first Don’t Starve DLC. We haven’t decided what this is going to be yet (not multiplayer!), but I think that we are leaning towards bringing crazy new challenges set in the same world. We want to be able to make big scary changes to the game rules and do strange new things without changing the core, vanilla DS experience.We hope to include the community in the DLC development like we have in the past....

So he mentioned them before he talked about the DLC. That means we'll get multiple characters next update i assume?

So it's still on then? Great! I know that's what had been said on the subject, but it had been so long, and we're only one update away from the end. Glad to hear we're still getting some new faces. (Hopefully those new faces are Winnie and Wallace's...)

No, Sorry for the confusion, but unfortunately you guys are misinterpreting what was said.

What Bigfoot said was; to paraphrase: "What are we going to do after the 6 months is over? We aren't quite sure, we want to do a couple characters and some DLC, but the team needs a little bit of a break so we don't have any solid plans just yet".

There are no plans for any additional characters during the current update cycle.

No, Sorry for the confusion, but unfortunately you guys are misinterpreting what was said.

What Bigfoot said was; to paraphrase: "What are we going to do after the 6 months is over? We aren't quite sure, we want to do a couple characters and some DLC, but the team needs a little bit of a break so we don't have any solid plans just yet".

There are no plans for any additional characters during the current update cycle.

Archived