October 1st Public Preview Discussion. (Updated Sept 30th)

Bryce

@TeoSS69 fortunately someone modded these things back (i think it was kevin himself)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176264751

no aerial view though...

Yeah, but for us that aren't on steam that doesn't do good at all. If @Kevin would put that mod on the forums too, that'd be great. And add aerial view while he's at it...

Things I've noted with a controller:

• No text shown for controller in controls menu.
  • Bug with newest rev (86446): Move and Menu directionals are being forced to use the same controls, instead of separate ones.
    • Example: I have "Left stick up/-Y axis" mapped for "Move Up" and then try to map "D-pad Up" for "Menu Up". Once I do that, my "D-pad Up" is now double mapped to "Move Up" and "Menu Up".
  • Can't use placeables (grass tufts, saplings, pinecones, floorings, and the like) as fire fuel. (See spoiler.)
    post-262695-0-25390500-1380613690_thumb.
  • "Inspect" doesn't have its own mappable button and is binded to the inventory button. Yet at the same time, "inspect" appears as an option when item is selected? (See above spoiler for selected item example.)

Has the "inspectable/targetable" radius (I don't know how to call it) been increased for controllers in the newest rev? It's become nearly impossible for me to target my firepit to fuel a fire or cook food on it if I have other items in close proximity to it.

Edited by Sukoushi