[Mod Contents] What Has It Got In Its Pocketses?

What do Golden Eggs do? Are they like heatstones?

There's also my old suggestion for a Chester-like Golden Moose (since neither of those mobs are geese), which could lay eggs depending on what you stored in it. (probably a bad idea anyway...)

currently they don't do anything but that's because their spawning was only confirmed recently and may still be having some changes

planning ahead wise:

-(what Debug posted)

-trading 25 with the shopkeeper, which causes a catastrophic event

- heat stone capabilities have been discussed (although I don't remember the final verdict on that)

But they do do stuff. :p

Golden eggs are just warm enough to where you won't freeze in the cloudrealm, if you're standing next to them.

But they do do stuff. :razz:

Golden eggs are just warm enough to where you won't freeze in the cloudrealm, if you're standing next to them.

I need to double check that now.. if so I've been such a scrub :^P

EDIT: well... I feel like an idiot... but that's part of testing! at least its confirmed that it works eh? 

EDIT 2: it only works for fresh golden eggs tested it with console then I tried it manually, same result. is this linked to its perish-ability or something else?

Edited by Craig_Perry

A lot of stuff in your Daily Recaps and the Suggestions OP should go in here (in the interest of having a comprehensive todo - just do a strikethrough on ideas being abandoned). Let me make it easy for you, to make it up for giving you more work:

- Add creatures (maybe separate bosses into different category?):

Skytrap

Living Gnomes?

Birds of Paradise (1-3 mobs)

Aetheel (seems to be on its way out... debug?)

Bean Zealots

Deerclops

Strix (rename Owlpeople? Unless Teo and i are the only ones who like the new name?)

Mandarin Duck (don't we have too many ducks?)

- Add items:

Sting Whip

Manta Mantle?

Wool Vest?

Size Staff (name?)

White/Static Staff

Black/Random Staff (redundant. this should be the Size one)

Everseer Staff (do we want this?)

Jar (for skyflies)

Mag Net

Golden Eggs

- Add Flora:

Skyshrooms (instead of just mushrooms. debug/helix's idea)

Fission Mushrooms

Cloud Algae/Skygassum (pick a name)

- Add resources:

Manta Leather

Wool

Marshmallow

White Gem

Black Gem

Magnets

Coral Shards

Crystal Shards

Cotton

- Add Cooking Recipes:

Smores

Potions?

Cocoa? (very undeveloped, are we doing this?)

Desserts from the Doc? (Cotton Candy, Ice Cream, Licorice, Pop Rocks) (remove Chantilly)

- Add structures:

Add those in Miscellaneous

Stone Refiner

Scarecrows

Cauldron

Crystal Touchstone

Cloud Farms

Lightning Lamp?

- Add Miscellaneous:

Ball Lightning

Cloud Coral

Whirlwind (lv-up)

Yellow Brick Road

Rainbow Bridge (lv-up)

Meteor Showers/Falling Stars? (seems to be lacking team support)

- Maybe add an Easter Eggs category and a separate Turf category?

Note1: Took a lot of liberties with the strikethroughs. Left a lot of ideas out because i think they need more brainstorming. But this are just my own views. Up to discussion here before adding to the OP.

Note2: There's plenty more i'm sure. Another pair of eyes going through the Recaps/Suggestions/Megathread would be very useful.

Note3: We should try to stick with ideas for level 1 only here (maybe spoiler the others, like flamingos and chimeras? - in fact with all these categories i'd use spoilers for each to keep the OP from becoming too massive)

Note4: Requesting your rule on these matters, Lord debugman18.

Added to OP.

• Like 1

So a short post describing the scope and purpose of the mod, as well as the current state? What should be included within it?

I see it as a "PR thread". I think the megathread's OP is a good model for it.

EDIT: Just copying the megathread's OP (maybe tweaking it a little bit) should be enough.

Edited by simplex

I see it as a "PR thread". I think the megathread's OP is a good model for it.

EDIT: Just copying the megathread's OP (maybe tweaking it a little bit) should be enough.

I posted a short FAQ. Let me know if you want things added/removed to/from it, or if it should be changed completely. :p

I have a question: I have seen the loading screen made by Wilette, and I have seen dark clouds along with with clouds. That means that theres a biome which has dark clouds and is permanight? That would be cool.

well the dark clouds and such represents the static event, where everything docile becomes dangerous the flowers become "evil" (we are using a different name than evil)

a biome with permanight would be tough to add, but a level could be possible but I dont think we are going that route as we have a basic plan for each level based upon a certain theme 

well the dark clouds and such represents the static event, where everything docile becomes dangerous the flowers become "evil" (we are using a different name than evil)

a biome with permanight would be tough to add, but a level could be possible but I dont think we are going that route as we have a basic plan for each level based upon a certain theme

That means it will be a sort of adventure mode?

That means it will be a sort of adventure mode?

well level style kind of, but the idea is based around climbing up rather than teleporting to new lands.

it may or may not get harder as you go on depending on biomes and luck with setpieces

another note is that it is always freezing up in the clouds

A little bug in the Longbill info

The text is just a copy of the Living Gnomes info

And very outstanding article! I don't know how will I continue working on the strings without this, thank you very much!

Not any tougher than adding a biome with permasnow. The math is the same.

I heard my name X3

Edited by Mathspy
  • Like 1

A little bug in the Longbill info

The text is just a copy of the Living Gnomes info

And very outstanding article! I don't know how will I continue working on the strings without this, thank you very much!

I heard my name X3

It's not so much a bug, as it is lack of strings. :p Unless there are strings, in which case, woops.

It's not so much a bug, as it is lack of strings. :razz: Unless there are strings, in which case, woops.

I think he was referring to the thread's OP. Within Longbill, it says "- Gnomes will attack the player once they make the first hit on the Crystal with the Pickaxe.". There are a few other ones.

I Manta Rays it's written

- Gnomes look like an upscaled version of the trinkets found in Graves.

The Gnomes are not coded and do not have an in-game presence. They need art and strings.

Progress: 5% complete.

And the Marshmallow Bee description is entirely the Gnome one.

Gnomes are eveywhere! :razz:

Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

I think he was referring to the thread's OP. Within Longbill, it says "- Gnomes will attack the player once they make the first hit on the Crystal with the Pickaxe.". There are a few other ones.

Yeah, when I cut and pasted the format I missed a few after I stopped for lunch. I'll fix those now. It was completely finished, before the forum didn't save the post, and I lost 2.5 hours worth of work. D:

Thank you for explaining me OuO

Yeah, when I cut and pasted the format I missed a few after I stopped for lunch. I'll fix those now. It was completely finished, before the forum didn't save the post, and I lost 2.5 hours worth of work. D:

I would DEFINITELY recommend writing somewhere else (Best Google Drive) then pasting everything to forum

Thank you for explaining me OuO

I would DEFINITELY recommend writing somewhere else (Best Google Drive) then pasting everything to forum

Yep. Because of my copy-paste stupidity, I just lost another 0.5 hours work. (The Food & Flora section). D:<

Anyway the forum won't accept more than what I have there, so you know. Guess this'll have to be a Google Drive thing instead.

Edited by ArcticFox789