[Mod Contents] What Has It Got In Its Pocketses?

A full and descriptive list of what this mod contains, and how far down the line we are with it. Please notify me of errors or changes. This is now being conducted via a Google Doc. It should be finished by the end of the week. I tried to do a bit tonight, but copy-pasting is so boring, and my motivation just went 'bleurgh', so yeah.

Please let me know what you think!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tdbs-30BDY8eGRQKWfLx-UIFSJZjYPIUBligpdjf_pU/present#slide=id.p

If there is anything not on the contents that should be, LET ME KNOW, or it won't make the document. :-)

Edited by ArcticFox789
  • Like 20

Out of likes!!!!!..............

Outstanding work in gathering all these ideas Arctic! This is extremely useful!

Note: All those ideas for desserts were offered a very long time ago at the beginning of the megathread, and are probably better left out. Although things like Cotton Candy and Ice Cream would still be cool if added to the game in some way, we have no ideas for their source or use right now. So i'd scrap most of those.

Edited by lifemare

Out of likes!!!!!..............

Outstanding work in gathering all these ideas Arctic! This is extremely useful!

Note: All those ideas for desserts were offered a very long time ago at the beginning of the megathread, and are probably better left out. Although things like Cotton Candy and Ice Cream would still be cool if added to the game in some way, we have no ideas for their source or use right now. So i'd scrap most of those.

Noted and edited.

Also, question to the team here, do we pin this, like the Recaps?

Ease of access and all.

This is pretty similar in function to a TODO I was going to add. Glad to see this!  :grin:

The golden egg is close to finished (I haven't added the nightmare effects yet.) and should be on the list. Cloud cotton should also be added to the list.

Yep, done.

Edited by ArcticFox789

This will make strings a log easier.

Judging by what I wrote you three (or five) have a lot of work ahead! (Even if most Wolfgang and Maxwell strings are done).

So it's basically up to you, Luggs and Mathspy (Teo and Spaz only write for Wolfy and Max, no?) to write them for the other 8. (Including Winnie). Have fun! :razz:

Edited by ArcticFox789

(And yes I know the title is awful).

[TODO] Foreword* to The Red Book of Westmarch - less awful? a bit too cryptic and LotRish?

[TODO] Bilbo's Grocery List? (don't use this one) :^P

* Prologue? Introduction? Preamble?

PS: Sorry, i suffer from a condition called Can't-resist-naming-things-filia

Edited by lifemare

[TODO] Foreword* to The Red Book of Westmarch - less awful? a bit too cryptic and LotRish?

[TODO] Bilbo's Grocery List? (don't use this one) :^P

* Prologue? Introduction? Preamble?

PS: Sorry, i suffer from a condition called Can't-resist-naming-things-filia

You could call it Translations from the Development.

Please don't.

A lot of stuff in your Daily Recaps and the Suggestions OP should go in here (in the interest of having a comprehensive todo - just do a strikethrough on ideas being abandoned). Let me make it easy for you, to make it up for giving you more work:

- Add creatures (maybe separate bosses into different category?):

Skytrap

Living Gnomes?

Birds of Paradise (1-3 mobs)

Aetheel (seems to be on its way out... debug?)

Bean Zealots

Deerclops

Strix (rename Owlpeople? Unless Teo and i are the only ones who like the new name?)

Mandarin Duck (don't we have too many ducks?)

- Add items:

Sting Whip

Manta Mantle?

Wool Vest?

Size Staff (name?)

White/Static Staff

Black/Random Staff (redundant. this should be the Size one)

Everseer Staff (do we want this?)

Jar (for skyflies)

Mag Net

Golden Eggs

- Add Flora:

Skyshrooms (instead of just mushrooms. debug/helix's idea)

Fission Mushrooms

Cloud Algae/Skygassum (pick a name)

- Add resources:

Manta Leather

Wool

Marshmallow

White Gem

Black Gem

Magnets

Coral Shards

Crystal Shards

Cotton

- Add Cooking Recipes:

Smores

Potions?

Cocoa? (very undeveloped, are we doing this?)

Desserts from the Doc? (Cotton Candy, Ice Cream, Licorice, Pop Rocks) (remove Chantilly)

- Add structures:

Add those in Miscellaneous

Stone Refiner

Scarecrows

Cauldron

Crystal Touchstone

Cloud Farms

Lightning Lamp?

- Add Miscellaneous:

Ball Lightning

Cloud Coral

Whirlwind (lv-up)

Yellow Brick Road

Rainbow Bridge (lv-up)

Meteor Showers/Falling Stars? (seems to be lacking team support)

- Maybe add an Easter Eggs category and a separate Turf category?

Note1: Took a lot of liberties with the strikethroughs. Left a lot of ideas out because i think they need more brainstorming. But this are just my own views. Up to discussion here before adding to the OP.
Note2: There's plenty more i'm sure. Another pair of eyes going through the Recaps/Suggestions/Megathread would be very useful.
Note3: We should try to stick with ideas for level 1 only here (maybe spoiler the others, like flamingos and chimeras? - in fact with all these categories i'd use spoilers for each to keep the OP from becoming too massive)
Note4: Requesting your rule on these matters, Lord debugman18.

Edited by lifemare
  • Like 1

A lot of stuff in your Daily Recaps and the Suggestions OP should go in here (in the interest of having a comprehensive todo - just do a strikethrough on ideas being abandoned). Let me make it easy for you, to make it up for giving you more work:

- Add creatures (maybe separate bosses into different category?):

Skytrap

Living Gnomes?

Birds of Paradise (1-3 mobs)

Aetheel (seems to be on its way out... debug?)

Bean Zealots

Deerclops

Strix (rename Owlpeople? Unless Teo and i are the only ones who like the new name?)

Mandarin Duck (don't we have too many ducks?)

- Add items:

Sting Whip

Manta Mantle?

Wool Vest?

Size Staff (name?)

White Staff

Black Staff (redundant. this should be the Size one)

Everseer Staff (do we want this?)

Jar (for skyflies)

Mag Net

- Add Flora:

Skyshrooms (instead of just mushrooms. debug/helix's idea)

Fission Mushrooms

Cloud Algae/Skygassum (pick a name)

- Add resources:

Manta Leather

Wool

Marshmallow

White Gem

Black Gem

Magnets

- Add Cooking Recipes:

Smores

Potions?

Cocoa? (very undeveloped, are we doing this?)

Desserts from the Doc? (Cotton Candy, Licorice, Ice Cream, Pop Rocks)

- Add structures:

Add those in Miscellaneous

Stone Refiner

Scarecrows

Cauldron

Crystal Touchstone

Cloud Farms

- Add Miscellaneous:

Ball Lightning

Cloud Coral

Whirlwind (lv-up)

Yellow Brick Road

Rainbow Bridge (lv-up)

Meteor Showers/Falling Stars? (seems to be lacking team support)

- Maybe add an Easter Eggs category and a separate Turf category?

Note1: Took a lot of liberties with the strikethroughs. Left a lot of ideas out because i think they need more brainstorming. But this are just my own views. Up to discussion here before adding to the OP.

Note2: There's plenty more i'm sure. Another pair of eyes going through the Recaps/Suggestions/Megathread would be very useful.

Note3: We should try to stick with ideas for level 1 only here (maybe spoiler the others, like flamingos and chimeras? - in fact with all these categories i'd use spoilers for each to keep the OP from becoming too massive)

Note4: Requesting your rule on these matters, Lord debugman18.

I actually think the aetheel is better served as an angry vine. That, and it's quite dangerous. I mean, summon a couple and watch how badly they destroy you.

Cocoa hasn't been developed, but of course neither has most of the mod. That's why it's prealpha! :p We'll see where it goes.

Strix is alright. Name changing is easy to do, all I have to do is change the line in modmain.

The size staff (the one that makes objects carryable?) could be called.. I don't know.

Meteor showers would be fairly difficult to implement, first and foremost. After that, well, I'm not to thrilled about the idea. But I feel everyone should have a chance to chime in on this.

What do the black/white/overseer staffs do?

Skyfly jar should be added soon. Of course, I have to finish the Strix and crystals first...

We have too many ducks.

Meteor showers would be fairly difficult to implement, first and foremost. After that, well, I'm not to thrilled about the idea. But I feel everyone should have a chance to chime in on this.

We have too many ducks.

Can't it just be a reskined version of an earthqauke?

White staff charges items (useful for downstaris) Black Staff is a Wabbajack for DS. Overseer shows part of the map.

Was thinking of the mandarin being a really rare mob, but if you think too many ducks, then too many ducks.

Can't it just be a reskined version of an earthqauke?

White staff charges items (useful for downstaris) Black Staff is a Wabbajack for DS. Overseer shows part of the map.

Was thinking of the mandarin being a really rare mob, but if you think too many ducks, then too many ducks.

Well we have the longbill, the duckraptor, the golden Moose, and then the shadow version of the golden Moose... We could leave it on the drawing board if you guys want, and come back to it later.

Well we have the longbill, the duckraptor, the golden Moose, and then the shadow version of the golden Moose... We could leave it on the drawing board if you guys want, and come back to it later.

Had no idea about the Shadow Moose. Since i introduced it as a different version of the Moose then we can lay it off...

I actually think the aetheel is better served as an angry vine. That, and it's quite dangerous. I mean, summon a couple and watch how badly they destroy you.

yeah... since our fears of eels in the new update have been confirmed, i'd rather have that... Suggestions thread here we go!

Cocoa hasn't been developed, but of course neither has most of the mod. That's why it's prealpha! :razz: We'll see where it goes.

i mean as an idea as a whole. Most of the other stuff has been through some moderate discussion. Maybe we should revive it, since i personally have no clue about where cocoa comes from or what it does...

Strix is alright. Name changing is easy to do, all I have to do is change the line in modmain.

this pleases me XD

The size staff (the one that makes objects carryable?) could be called.. I don't know.

well, it could be the black staff, if we get rid of that...

striketrough it is. we need more sources of ores then...

edited my post in antecipation of this question. look up.

Skyfly jar should be added soon. Of course, I have to finish the Strix and crystals first...

done

We have too many ducks.

we need more oranges!

Edited by lifemare

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/26501-archived-original-mod-collaboration-thread/page-80?p=319328#entry319328

Here it was discussed that the Duckraptor would be the nightmare Moose. I think the idea needs some development.

What do Golden Eggs do? Are they like heatstones?

There's also my old suggestion for a Chester-like Golden Moose (since neither of those mobs are geese), which could lay eggs depending on what you stored in it. (probably a bad idea anyway...)

Edited by lifemare

What do Golden Eggs do? Are they like heatstones?

There's also my suggestion for a Chester-like Golden Moose, which could lay eggs depending on what you stored in it.

currently they don't do anything but that's because their spawning was only confirmed recently and may still be having some changes

planning ahead wise:

-(what Debug posted)

-trading 25 with the shopkeeper, which causes a catastrophic event

- heat stone capabilities have been discussed (although I don't remember the final verdict on that)