Getting Started: Guides, Tutorials And Examples

Cheerio

Sorry I'm not sure where to post this but the creature tutorials doesn't mention anything about these zip files

8GvyZQF.png

After digging around a little for information I learned that they're supposed to appear automatically if you start the mod, right? But as you can see I'm using a mac, and apparently the magic of "appearing automatically" doesn't work on macs?

Help :l

Hello, me here again. So about this problem;

Sorry I'm not sure where to post this but the creature tutorials doesn't mention anything about these zip files

8GvyZQF.png

After digging around a little for information I learned that they're supposed to appear automatically if you start the mod, right? But as you can see I'm using a mac, and apparently the magic of "appearing automatically" doesn't work on macs?

Help :l

I tried to follow the instructions just as before, these are the only files that I had since it was the only files the tutorial mentioned necessary http://i.imgur.com/gSL1gT9.png (well the readme txt isn't necessary either but it shouldn't matter having it there)

But this time I would launch the game on my windows 7 computer instead and enable the mod there. That should have worked if I understood this correctly, but None of the anim zip files shows up anyway?
http://i.imgur.com/pw9RiOA.png Here's the error message, I can't interpret these messages normally but it does just say that those zip files are nowhere to be found, right?

I have no idea what to do now :/ Should I upload the files for you to see? Edited by Cosheeta

• Developer

I tried to follow the instructions just as before, these are the only files that I had since it was the only files the tutorial mentioned necessary http://i.imgur.com/gSL1gT9.png (well the readme txt isn't necessary either but it shouldn't matter having it there)

But this time I would launch the game on my windows 7 computer instead and enable the mod there. That should have worked if I understood this correctly, but None of the anim zip files shows up anyway?

http://i.imgur.com/pw9RiOA.png Here's the error message, I can't interpret these messages normally but it does just say that those zip files are nowhere to be found, right?

I have no idea what to do now :/ Should I upload the files for you to see?

Have you installed the 'Don't Starve Mod Tools' on steam?  And if so, uploading your files would be the easiest way for me to help you out.

Have you installed the 'Don't Starve Mod Tools' on steam?  And if so, uploading your files would be the easiest way for me to help you out.

Yeah installed it on my windows. I made the spriter animation and the .lua files on my mac, but like I said though, I send 'em over to actually test on Windows.

Do you mean upload the files here now or through the modding tools publisher? I've included them here just in case :-)

Test mod.zip

Edited by Cosheeta

Yeah installed it on my windows. I made the spriter animation and the .lua files on my mac, but like I said though, I send 'em over to actually test on Windows.

Do you mean upload the files here now or through the modding tools publisher? I've included them here just in case :-)

So on running the game on your Windows PC with the mod inside the mods folder of Don't Starve you get a command line window?

So on running the game on your Windows PC with the mod inside the mods folder of Don't Starve you get a command line window?

I think so yeah, but it closes on itself within micro seconds.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot or a better look at it once I'm back home. I do remember seeing stuff along the lines of "something something mod something SUCCESS"

I have no idea what to do now :/ Should I upload the files for you to see?

It says that it couldn't find Rat.zip in the anim/ folder. Have you added animations for Rat to your mod?

EDIT: replied to an old copy of this thread. Whoops. Disregard. 

Edited by mox

• Developer

It says that it couldn't find Rat.zip in the anim/ folder. Have you added animations for Rat to your mod?

EDIT: replied to an old copy of this thread. Whoops. Disregard. 

I fixed it up.  There's a problem with Spriter where it remembers old files you used so I put in placeholders for those.  And then there's a bug with the prefabs where they can't be upper case.  But here you go:

Test mod copy.zip

post-283016-0-40669800-1385106470_thumb.

Awesome rat :-).

• Like 1

I fixed it up.  There's a problem with Spriter where it remembers old files you used so I put in placeholders for those.  And then there's a bug with the prefabs where they can't be upper case.  But here you go:

*images*

Awesome rat :-).

Hah, Thank you! :D So to avoid these problems in the future I shouldn't use upper case, mkay. But, about the old files, as I set up the rig and animations for the rat I used a pre-drawn sketch in the background for easy reference, I did delete them afterwards so I suppose that's why they're missing. Do you know how I can use such images and remove them afterwards without spriter acting up- wanting to remember them?

The rat is kinda small now that I look at it, I'll go ahead and ask people about resizing options in my own thread later on~

Do you know how I can use such images and remove them afterwards without spriter acting up- wanting to remember them?

That's how I work as well.

Thankfully, the next update to Spriter is apparently going to fix that, and it's not too far away. (Windows version is out for testing on the forums, so the release of B6 isn't far off.)