A New Monster Beariger/tibear Updated 21/09/2013

Should bears be added?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

It doesn't really fill any role. It just sounds unnecessary. just my opinion.

also, on the side - not really one of my points, expecting anything this new to be implemented this late is beyond wishful thinking. and of course you could say it could be added with the DLC, but without knowing what the DLC will focus on (you or devs) could make all the thought put into this worthless. still sounds much more suited as a mod.

respectfully.

It doesn't really fill any role. It just sounds unnecessary. just my opinion.

also, on the side - not really one of my points, expecting anything this new to be implemented this late is beyond wishful thinking. and of course you could say it could be added with the DLC, but without knowing what the DLC will focus on (you or devs) could make all the thought put into this worthless. still sounds much more suited as a mod.

respectfully.

My only counter to this is the addition of pengulls and splumonkeys. If anyone had suggested them, a similar response would have been said about these monsters also, but they are a very nice addition to the game, bringing more life and diversity to it.

The role it fills would be to deter us from having a safe and constant supply of honey of course :)

I strongly believe this game could have any type of monster added to it, as long as the suggestion isn't too wild. Bears would fit in very well. Thanks for the reply though.

The role it fills would be to deter us from having a safe and constant supply of honey of course :-)

reducing honey spam is great as Ive heard of the horrors that people have made... 3 iceboxes full of honey and such

so that could work, as of now honey is a strange resource, weak if you have a little overpowered if you have a lot so deterring people from making too much is neccessary

reducing honey spam is great as Ive heard of the horrors that people have made... 3 iceboxes full of honey and such

so that could work, as of now honey is a strange resource, weak if you have a little overpowered if you have a lot so deterring people from making too much is neccessary

Exactly.

Also don't forget to leave your all important vote.

Thanks in advance.

I was thinking, would you guys want this to be added as a boss type monster or just a regular mob. Note as a regular mob it will have less health and weaker attacking power.

I think it'd be better in regulr, but hard mob. I can't see this in boss...

To those that have voted no. I would like to know the reason why. I can only improve my idea if I know what you dislike about it. If you have already explained why, please don't respond to this post. I'll do my best to respond to any comments about my idea. Thanks. 

This is a re-post of a comment I made on hawkz' steam thread, he requested that I re-post it here:

Terrific idea!

Suggestions?
-I would almost go for a "pocket world" that you could go in if you found their den and went in.
-He would be a mini boss (somewhere above the threat of McTusk or a pack of Hounds)
-Maybe even during the winter the tiger-bear would be asleep in hibernation and if you wanted to could use a shaver on him and get his fur. (With the risk of waking him up)
-He could hunt rabbits by slowly approaching them and then "pouncing" on them (wether pouncing be just swiping them or not. Maybe even pull the rabbits out of their den
-He could periodically roar, alerting the player of his presence a screen or two away

Source is HERE

All in all i think this would be a fantastic addition to the game. If you need anymore ideas or want a bounce board for you own, I'll be here.

Not bad. I like it. How did you get your pic on here like this? I'll throw a quick sketch together and post it.

thx. and i'm on imageshck. if u want to share the pic u have to click on the little "i" and copy the thing written in "forum". and i've scanned the drawing.

Archived