General Development

debugman18

All I've got for today. Surprisingly short, wasn't it? :grin:

Ah! I shall endeavour to repost all my megathread ideas onto a spoiler tomorrow then!

We shan't have any more of this shortness, sir!

Seriously, though, you will never be able to enjoy another weekend vacation aslong as this mod is developing!

Though, this forum will probably descend into anarchy when that happens, so i guess you're safe....

Should there be a screen overlay during the static cycle?

Some sparks along the sides, and a general bluish-grey toning of the screen?

I'm not sure. I quite like being able to tell it's static just by looking at my surroundings. It could probably be done, if we decided to go that route.

Should there be a screen overlay during the static cycle?

Some sparks along the sides, and a general bluish-grey toning of the screen?

Not a fan of the sparks, but the tint might work. We'd have to figure out how to edit a colour cube, though. :razz:

But why do you ask that? Aren't you happy with the current ambient color shift/lightning?

I personally think we should keep sparks, light auras and other similar fx to a minimum. They fit the rams, but I don't see them fitting anything else, tbh.

Of course, i mean things that get electric, Like the thunder trees. And the light auras should be small and only when making sparks like it happens with WX.

Of course, i mean things that get electric, Like the thunder trees. And the light auras should be small and only when making sparks like it happens with WX.

But not everything that goes electric (or even "not most", or "just the minimum"). I don't see them going in thunder trees, for example, since they'll already emanate lightning.

Not a fan of the sparks, but the tint might work. We'd have to figure out how to edit a colour cube, though. :razz:

But why do you ask that? Aren't you happy with the current ambient color shift/lightning?

Oh, no, no! I'm just thinking about things. Felt it was worth throwing out there, just as an idea. =)

Oh, no, no! I'm just thinking about things. Felt it was worth throwing out there, just as an idea. =)

Well, using our own colour cubes would be nice. I like the winter dusk ones, but we could tweak them to fit us better.

I'm just not sure how a colour cube would be edited, or produced from scratch.

EDIT: For example, this is the winter dusk colour cube after TEX decompression:

98jw1BA.png

EDIT 2: Oh, now I see what's probably the issue. The compression type specified in the file is neither ARGB, DXT1, DXT3 nor DXT5. I'll have to figure out what it is before I can decompress it.

Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

Samples pushed to git.

Thank you for the effort, but... your samples are for ARGB, DXT1, DXT3 and DXT5. These are precisely the formats I'm already accounting for (as well as Matt's tools). It's the other formats (bc1, bc2, bc3, x8r8g8b8, rgb, l16 and a8) I need (the bc* ones probably don't matter, though).

And oh, you didn't have to make 1D and 2D versions! I just need to know the number corresponding to each format, which gets stored in the file header. A 1px image using any set of options alongside the pixel format should do it.

EDIT: Oh, now I got what you meant by "Do want 8". You were referring to these 4 formats, both in 1D and 2D. If I had cleared my confusion back then, I would've spared you the effort, sorry.

EDIT 2: And I was referring to Klei's TextureConverter. It has usage information as a txt (and I think it prints that when run without arguments), so the space chomping by the forums shouldn't be an issue.

EDIT 3: Sorry, the download link in the archived download forums is obviously no longer functional. It's in the new download section as well.

Edited by simplex