General Development

debugman18

So its not working yet ? I tried to download it and it says "compactible with DST" but it cant load. I hope that it will be soon ... looking forward to play this mod with friends. Keep up the good work :-) !

Did you get it directly from the git repo? I've literally just pushed a temporary fix which will allow the mod to run in DST, but it's still not stable enough for release.

Alright, so the latest DST update broke Wicker and Up and Away. I suspect that AddPrefabPostInit is no longer callable during worldgen, but I haven't confirmed that.

@simplex

Let us know when you're around again, this is over my head at the moment. I'm still looking into a fix, but I have to learn some new tricks, I think.

Edited by debugman18

I'm not sure where to post this, but I wanted to ask if you were still looking for artists to help!

I love the concept of this mod and want to see it really happen. 

My normal style is usually much more painted / less line based, but I can do my best to try to match the style of the core game.

I was an environments/prop designer on Our Darker Purpose (another steam game) so I have a little experience? 

Please let me know if I can do anything to help :)

I'm not sure where to post this, but I wanted to ask if you were still looking for artists to help!

I love the concept of this mod and want to see it really happen. 

My normal style is usually much more painted / less line based, but I can do my best to try to match the style of the core game.

I was an environments/prop designer on Our Darker Purpose (another steam game) so I have a little experience? 

Please let me know if I can do anything to help :-)

Oh, I'm very very sure your help will be appreciated! ^^

The "Art Part" was a bit hidered because the artists, among others myself, were pretty much away or busy. But I vowed to be more active lately.

@MilleniumCount, Hurray! :grin:

Is there someone who usually sends out assignments/ runs things?  or does everyone just kind of do whatever?

Well, yes and no. ^^

Debugman is the mastermind, but there isn't soething like a "hardcoded" hierarchy. It is mostly a cauldron of creativity. Upon consultation of course. Activity goes high and low, at the moment more low but still there.

Soooo, I probably won't be doing much here. At all.

I got alot of **** going on with schooling, and friends increasingly wanting to play games with them. I'm barely able to do just my Hunted mod right now, so I really doubt I'll have time to help with U&A, too.

I may very rarely plunk something small in here every now and then. But it seemed like the day after I said I was coming back that my friends started taking up all of my time. Damnit, friends! Why can't I just be forever alone!

Anywho. Best of luck with it! 

Hey! I'll be buying a drawing tablet for Christmas and I already made a pretty shoddy Volcano caves mod for SW. I know how to port this across and I'm very willing to port it, as a seperate mod with brand new features. I reckon I can get it to a decent state by the time 2016 is up and I already have L on board with the idea and Viva's <word I don't know>, like go-ahead? But not a go ahead. Like, IDK. Anyway, I'd rather this was done alone so we don't get unfinished work left to rot, and I was wondering if I could have your permission to do this. I also need to know how to stop it overwriting the main menu because it seems Shipwrecked doesn't support that.

EDIT: Also SW exclusive to take advantage of the many new mechanics it offers.

Edited by Woodlegs
  • Like 1

• Developer
On 12/7/2015 at 7:46 PM, Woodlegs said:

Hey! I'll be buying a drawing tablet for Christmas and I already made a pretty shoddy Volcano caves mod for SW. I know how to port this across and I'm very willing to port it, as a seperate mod with brand new features. I reckon I can get it to a decent state by the time 2016 is up and I already have L on board with the idea and Viva's <word I don't know>, like go-ahead? But not a go ahead. Like, IDK. Anyway, I'd rather this was done alone so we don't get unfinished work left to rot, and I was wondering if I could have your permission to do this. I also need to know how to stop it overwriting the main menu because it seems Shipwrecked doesn't support that.

EDIT: Also SW exclusive to take advantage of the many new mechanics it offers.

With Debugman18 on board, the Fellowship of the Bean can be revived once more and finish this wonderful project, eh? :D