[Bugs] Moth Lamp

simplex

I haven't finished fleshing out marshmallow bees yet. I had an idea where static would make them 'fluff' up, like big marshmallows, and they would shock the player if they came near. They could drop some sort of special item in that state, though. What do you guy think?

I can confirm that this is fully functional (except for force spawned ones e.g:hitting the beehive but I guess that's meant to stay like that)

it starts as a stutter but becomes proper after a minute or two

I'm aware of this for a while now. It's caused by the addition of our custom ground type (and it started happening as soon as we included it).

I'm clueless about why it's happening, or how to solve it. I asked about it here, but I think we'll have to wait until Ipsquiggle gets back.

@Craig_Perry

I added an option to disable custom tiles, just so you (and anyone else) can keep testing without being hindered by this issue, while it remains.

Inside the mod folder, there's now a file called rc.defaults.lua. This is the file listing the default configuration options. Copy it to rc.lua and then tweak it (if you're using the sync method, it'll not get replaced by syncing). Then change

DISABLE_CUSTOM_TILES = false
to

DISABLE_CUSTOM_TILES = true
This will only affect newly generated cloud levels. Note that to erase a cloud level all you have to do is chop down the beanstalk (using an axe).

@Craig_Perry

I added an option to disable custom tiles, just so you (and anyone else) can keep testing without being hindered by this issue, while it remains.

Inside the mod folder, there's now a file called rc.defaults.lua. This is the file listing the default configuration options. Copy it to rc.lua and then tweak it (if you're using the sync method, it'll not get replaced by syncing). Then change

DISABLE_CUSTOM_TILES = false

to

DISABLE_CUSTOM_TILES = true

This will only affect newly generated cloud levels. Note that to erase a cloud level all you have to do is chop down the beanstalk (using an axe).

thanks for the fix, time to get back to bug hunting :^P

after you mentioned the axe thing to me, I beleive Ive found a bug related to it

when chopped down it dropped a boon some gold and a piece of marble (along with the beanstalk chunks and seed of course)

Why do you think that's a bug? Those things just fell out of the sky! (but yeah, we need to think of some better loot)

Archived