Killing

6HD

I'm fairly new to this game (Day 2) after reading the forums I have found out you can come back to your save later and not have to do it all in one sitting. So I was wondering, how do I kill thing easier?

I tried killing some Spiders from their nest to get some web but even with a spear I was unable to kill the second wave that burst out of the nest. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you :)

The nests go through three stages of growth, each stage adds four new spiders to the nest. Hitting it during the day will release the first wave of four spiders, so hitting it twice or three times will release 8 or 12, which is usually a bad idea.

It's best to release one wave then kite them away from the nest and any time a spider gets ahead of the others give it a quick whack then back off again. Or stay near enough to them that they lunge at you, then back off before they hit you to thin them out.

I usually hit the nest then hit the first spider I see twice, then kite the remaining three. If you have two left you can hit one then the other whilst standing still, without them being able to hit you back.

Alternatively if you wait til dusk, they "trickle" out of the nest more slowly so you *might* be able to kill them one at a time. Only a good idea if it's a lone spider nest though.

This game isn't focused on direct fight. You have to use your wits to kill the different menaces that lurk around.

All I can say without spoiling the game for you is... Experiment. There's currently a lot of ways of doing a lot of things, so perhaps the first instinct isn't always the only option you have to do stuff.

And don't be afraid to try things and die, that's the fun part.

Also, try not to read too much of the forum, as it will spoil a lot of the fun that is discovering awesome stuff and interactions on your own.

Welcome to the forums and have fun!

ALso another thing. If I get to day 6 for example but decide to leave and play it again later, is there a way to save that progress?

If you mean leave like quitting the game, then yeah. When you start the game back up just hit continue, and the game will pick back up from the last save. Saves happen twice a day: when night turns into day, and when day turns to dusk.

Thanks for the info! I have been playing this game for a couple of days now, just encountered this buffalo-type creature. My first thought: lots of meat! So I made myself an axe and attacked one. We fought a good fight, I deployed my hit-and-run-tactics, but the beast wouldn't die on me. Eventually I lost...

So I tried a couple of times without succes. Does anyone know if these beasts are worth it? Are they beatable (within a day)? How many hits do they need to be killed? Do they give lots of meat?

Thanks in advance!

Don't kill the Beefalo. As of now, they don't respawn, and they just drop meat I believe. Pigs also drop meat and respawn from their houses.

Wait until night and click on a sleeping beefalo with a razor. It will shave it, giving you beefalo hair, which I think you can use to make a hat.

You can craft yourself some protection, that'll make it lot easier to kill them. To my mind killing them is it worth, because you'll get a whole bunch of meat. But if you want the fur, it'll be easier to shave them (I didn't know, that this really works). But watch out, I guess they want respawn but don't rely on this information, I'm not sure at all.

But I recommend you to avoid "making friends" they'll eat all of your loot.

Currently beefalos, fireflies and the lot do not respawn.

However the devs have announced that somewhere in the future (no specific date has been mentioned) beefalo will have calves in order to sustain their numbers and allowing you to have an additional source of meat.

And you thought they smelled bad on the outside.
Wow, I really looking forward to that. That sounds like a great idea and I'm excited what the calves would look like. Perhaps the beefaloes could be more aggressive if you attack one of the calves?

Yes. Calves, hairy hats, agressive beefaloes. Never thought I would type anything like that in my life.