New Monsters : Troll Brothers / Troll Brothers' Camp

This is an update from my previous post before. And I would like to thank raven for the colored image.They are the troll brothers. Haven't thought of their names yet.I was watching a movie and was amused by these three trolls, Brothers actually. So I wondered why not add these three in the game. I was imagining that they Go HUNTING during the Afternoon, pulling rabbits from their homes, gathering berries or carrots, kitting beefalos or tamed pigs and even stealing food from farm plots and storage when your settled base is near them. At Night they return HOME and COOK then EAT whatever they loot and start conversing with each other. Each telling that they are far more superior than the other. By Morning They Either Solidify(when struck by morning sunshine), Or Hide from inside a tree (just like what turkeys do on berry bushes).Then again, this is just another bizarre idea and i wish for it not to invite too much arguing again. If so that most think that this is a stupid idea, I would humbly accept their opinion. Thank you :)I just wished that there could be a lot more of species or monsters inside don't starve. Inhabitants that first roamed the world before Wilson and the rest came. The Line ART:post-56110-1376459813876_thumb.jpgThe Set Piecepost-56110-1376459813926_thumb.png

Edited by moler
  • Like 4

This is an update from my previous post before. And I would like to thank raven for the colored image.They are the troll brothers. Haven't thought of their names yet.I was watching a movie and was amused by these three trolls, Brothers actually. So I wondered why not add these three in the game. I was imagining that they Go HUNTING during the Afternoon, pulling rabbits from their homes, gathering berries or carrots, kitting beefalos or tamed pigs and even stealing food from farm plots and storage when your settled base is near them. At Night they return HOME and COOK then EAT whatever they loot and start conversing with each other. Each telling that they are far more superior than the other. By Morning They Either Solidify(when struck by morning sunshine), Or Hide from inside a tree (just like what turkeys do on berry bushes).Then again, this is just another bizarre idea and i wish for it not to invite too much arguing again. If so that most think that this is a stupid idea, I would humbly accept their opinion. Thank you :)I just wished that there could be a lot more of species or monsters inside don't starve. Inhabitants that first roamed the world before Wilson and the rest came. The Line ART:[ATTACH=CONFIG]13571[/ATTACH]The Set Piece[ATTACH=CONFIG]13572[/ATTACH]The Colored Version[ATTACH=CONFIG]13573[/ATTACH]

ow i am so loving this idea!they should be very strong and fight together when one of them is hit.I like their food competition against the player.Though, I wouldn't want them to drop precious loots upon death. Coz I wouldn't want them to be hunted for these loots or food. Their purpose is to spread fear and challenge to the player, not another source of food or materials for the player.

Finally! Internet! Gawd! Having No Internet feels like living like a CaveMan. XDDD Well, thank you folks for all the suggestions and help. Having them turned to stone when struck by sunlight I think would be nice, But you are not allowed to destroy them? Im not entirely sure what to do with them yet. But I really want them to solidify.

Maybe when they're in stone, you can mine them, but they will respawn after a few days...

Well I guess having them mined would be good? Either way, they could just respawn during the noon not morning to avoid having them as an unlimited source of rock.

I got confused with the new lay-out of the forums. Sigh. I hate storms. Didnt had internet for 3 days. Anyway, Its nice to be back.

Do you think it would be nice if the trolls have discussions? I mean, you can see them talking to each other when you get close to them?

Would they have specific sound? or Dialogue? 

I got confused with the new lay-out of the forums. Sigh. I hate storms. Didnt had internet for 3 days. Anyway, Its nice to be back.

Do you think it would be nice if the trolls have discussions? I mean, you can see them talking to each other when you get close to them?

Would they have specific sound? or Dialogue? 

Hum, maybe you just  read something about: 

Om nom nom

or:

Grumpf

Yeah, I have read them and I think those would be good. 

But I think we need to perk up their competition against one another. Like,

Guh, My Meat!

Uhh, share Food Brother!

HAHA. Me got me own Meat!

Yeah, I have read them and I think those would be good. 

But I think we need to perk up their competition against one another. Like,

Guh, My Meat!

Uhh, share Food Brother!

HAHA. Me got me own Meat!

Hey!How about making Murg and Durg always fighting and Gurg stealing their meat while they're distracted?

Really awesome idea. I like how they compete with the player for food. If you fought them, would there be subtle differences between them? Like Murg wields a Hambat that he eats for health when low on it, Durg is the strongest and such has an area of effect attack like the Deerclops, and Gurg is so vile, his stench spawns Mosquitos.

Hey!How about making Murg and Durg always fighting and Gurg stealing their meat while they're distracted?

Yeah XD. Being Sneaky would be a nice touch for the youngest Brother

Edited by moler

Really awesome idea. I like how they compete with the player for food. If you fought them, would there be subtle differences between them? Like Murg wields a Hambat that he eats for health when low on it, Durg is the strongest and such has an area of effect attack like the Deerclops, and Gurg is so vile, his stench spawns Mosquitos.

Giving them special abilities or perks would make them a challenging opponent. Seriously! we need to make use of those mosquitoes. And giving an Aoe for a medium mob would be great, It gives them that fearsome touch in every game. Trolls are indeed fearsome enemies. Next to Giants of course.

Giving them special abilities or perks would make them a challenging opponent. Seriously! we need to make use of those mosquitoes. And giving an Aoe for a medium mob would be great, It gives them that fearsome touch in every game. Trolls are indeed fearsome enemies. Next to Giants of course.

Maybe even art differences. Murg is slightly more rotund than his brothers, Durg is more muscular, and Gurg has a stink cloud following him.

Maybe even art differences. Murg is slightly more rotund than his brothers, Durg is more muscular, and Gurg has a stink cloud following him.

If only I could borrow my friend's graphic tablet again, maybe i could make an art for that. Sadly, hes busy using it. But the Idea is good. Have I mentioned one of them is holding an Eyeball? stolen from Wilsons inventory XD. Just think about the Idea they put to the monkey, when they get close to you, they steal stuff from you. But the idea of stealing stuff from you would only happen when they killed you. They might even drag your body when you died. XD

Actually. Let me expand on the brothers a bit more. If that's okay.Murg: He's the more gluttonous of the brothers and is fatter as a result. He's also a messy eater, causing bits of food to stick to his skin and turn to rot. Drops: A blueprint for something you can't get otherwise. (This applies to all the brothers.) Murg's Jerky Bat. By replacing the the raw meat with large jerky, you create a durability less bat. This bat has infinite uses until it rots. Which takes triple the time of a normal Hambat.Durg: the strongest of the brothers. He's a bit more muscular. He's also hairier. Drop: Blueprint for Durg's Deerclops Stew. By combining a Meaty Stew with a Deerclops Eyeball, you temporarily gain an area of effect attack for 60 seconds.Gurg: The youngest of the brothers. He is slightly smaller than his siblings. He's filthy. Has a stink cloud following him and mud stains his hands and feet. Drop: Blueprint for Gurg's Mosquito Trap. Recipe: 4 silk, 5 Mosquitos, 3 grass. Basically a fully renewable bee mine.