Strange New Powers Release Notes (7/2/2013)

• Developer

post-8-13764596451612_thumb.jpg

New Character:

Woodie the Lumberjack

He's a fun-loving Canadian who spends too much time in the woods. His axe talks to him, and he has a terrible curse.

New special powers for the unlockable characters:

Willow

[*]Gets a sanity bonus from being near fire

[*]Impervious to fire damage (and probably heat when that becomes a Thing)

[*]Gets a unique lighter that acts as an infinite torch with a very small radius

[*]Has a lower max sanity

[*]Lights fires at random when her sanity is low

WX-78

[*]Can eat spoiled food with no penalty

[*]Starts with very low stats, but can upgrade himself by eating gears.

[*]Takes damage in the rain, but creates light from the sparks

[*]Can get hit by lightning, causing a system overload that makes him run faster and glow in the dark

Wes

[*]Has pathetic, low stats

[*]Can make balloon animals

Wolfgang

[*]Has a large stomach

[*]Faster sanity drain in the dark and near scary things

[*]Gets damage and health bonuses when his belly is full (and penalties when it is empty!)

Wendy

[*]Lower combat damage

[*]Less afraid of the dark and monsters.

[*]Carries around abigail's flower. When it is charged (it takes a couple of days), a blood sacrifice will summon Abigail!

[*]Abigail is a lot more useful now, and will last until she falls in battle

Wickerbottom

[*]Gets a bonus tech level

[*]Has a high max sanity

[*]Can craft books that can be read to cast powerful magic spells

[*]Insomniac - can not sleep

[*]Picky eater - higher penalties for spoiled food

New creatures:

[*]Splumonkeys - Cave-dwelling monkeys that just want to cause you trouble. Nothing is safe from their pestering!

[*]Pengulls - Mostly harmless penguinoids who leap from the ocean in the winter to form rookeries. Be careful if you disrupt their migration!

New craftables:

We added a new tab for gem-based items, and added amulets and staffs for all of the existing colours. Watch this space for more mind-bending magic in future updates!

[*]Red amulet - resurrects as before, but also converts hunger into health

[*]Blue amulet - harness the power of cold!

[*]Purple amulet - Dare to gaze upon the terrifying nightmare world.

[*]Purple staff - Warp space and time with teleportation!

Mods:

There is a new mod configuration screen that lets you activate/deactivate mods from within the game. Check out the modding forum for details!

For other important changes for modders, check this thread.

Hotfix 7/3/2013:

[*]Fix for some older integrated video cards

[*]Fix for luaplant crash

[*]Fix for bug with red amulet trying to heal user while at full health.

[*]Fix woodie hud transition bug

[*]Fix for wx78 overcharge sound getting stuck

[*](Mods) Allow setting atlases for ingredients

[*]Added cave entrance option to world gen screen

Edited by Alia
Hotfix magic
  • Like 1

• Developer

My game works before, but now crash in the initialization.I really want to play with Woodie, he is my favorite character... :blue:

Can you post your log.txt and a dxdiag? Also, were you able to play the public preview?

If Steam: restart Steam. That usually forces it to look for updates.If not Steam: I guess you have to wait a bit until the update is rolled out.Great news. I'm so curious. I had not much time to dabble with the former public preview. Awesome new stuff and changes.

• Developer

Uhm... how can I get rid of this bug(I transfered a beta save to the update)?[ATTACH=CONFIG]10721[/ATTACH]

That's odd. We don't support transferring saves between the branches, technically. You could try beavering out and seeing what happens.

Verify the game cache or restart steam, it should update once you do either.

I guess it's a geographical (os possibly OS) thing. I haven't received the updated yet either, and I've tried both methods at least 32 times. Reinstalling the game also doesn't work.Not that I'm impatient, I have no problem in waiting a bit more. I don't have the time to play anyway, I just wanted to check if my mod update is actually working before releasing it.

• Developer

I Can't play the public preview too (same problem).

My Log and dxdiag: [ATTACH]10720[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]10722[/ATTACH]

Ahh! Thanks for the log. It would appear that your video card does not like some changes that we made to the shaders used in the cave. We're looking into what can be done - thanks for your patience!

- - - Updated - - -

I Can't play the public preview too (same problem).

My Log and dxdiag: [ATTACH]10720[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]10722[/ATTACH]

Ahh! Thanks for the log. It would appear that your video card does not like some changes that we made to the shaders used in the cave. We're looking into what can be done - thanks for your patience!

If Steam: restart Steam. That usually forces it to look for updates.If not Steam: I guess you have to wait a bit until the update is rolled out.Great news. I'm so curious. I had not much time to dabble with the former public preview. Awesome new stuff and changes.