TrebleStudios-Don't Starve Fan Art

I'd say poker face :D But if you really want to think of it the other way, Wilson has lost quite a bit of weight through the winter due to the lack of food, so maybe he's just light enough for him to lift ;)

Yeah, starvation does tend to cause the body to literally decay over time in an attempt to keep itself running, so that could indeed be the case.

This was a real struggle for me, so pardon for the mistakes

"Charlie!" yowled Maxwell as he rushed into the biggest room.

The area was dark and chilly. An uncomfortable silence reigned over the room. Before him sat the nightmarish throne that he was to be seated upon, and only rarely allowed to roam free from it. To his left was a comfortable looking living space that was completed with a stone fireplace and expensive looking furniture. Without much light, the rest of the biome was nearly impossible to see.

"Charlie!"

"I'm coming!" a female voice bellowed back.

Within a few moments, a shadowy female figure appeared from around a stone corner and approached her close friend. She examined he and his "cargo" for no more than a moment before turning away. "Nope," she bleated. "I won't do it."

Maxwell followed briskly, the limp scientist bouncing in his arms. "Charlie, please. You've got to help me."

"Why?" she retorted, turning sharply on her heel, causing her curled hair to whip around her. She picked up Wilson's pale hand and dropped it. "He's already dead."

Maxwell froze. He hadn't even noticed he had gone limp. He turned his dark eyes to look at the gentleman in his arms whose face was still stricken with pain and discomfort. At that moment, all the concern and chaos that he hid so well flooded his face and voice.

"Charlie!" he called again, his voice cracking to his displeasure. She turned to him and they stared at each other for moments in a tense silence before the shade turned her friend around and walked them briskly to the living area.

"Fine," she tutted. "but They aren't going to like this..."

They, Max thought as he lied Wilson's limp and cold body on the sofa. He had forgotten all about Them...

post-53951-13764597123735_thumb.jpg

My sis helped me with Charlie in this one, so her helping hand can be seen :D

Edited by TrebleStudios

It's possible to be limp, pale and cold as heck while still being alive, dear Charlie. (I've kind of been there, done that admittedly...I avoid the cold if I can absolutely can in RL for a reason.) Though hypothermia + starvation...that's a combo I've never been victim of. One or the other, but never both at once. I'm not sure an average human could survive in that case.

It's possible to be limp, pale and cold as heck while still being alive, dear Charlie. (I've kind of been there, done that admittedly...I avoid the cold if I can absolutely can in RL for a reason.) Though hypothermia + starvation...that's a combo I've never been victim of. One or the other, but never both at once. I'm not sure an average human could survive in that case.

I don't understand :/ You've confused me.

This was a real struggle for me, so pardon for the mistakes

"Charlie!" yowled Maxwell as he rushed into the biggest room.

The area was dark and chilly. An uncomfortable silence reigned over the room. Before him sat the nightmarish throne that he was to be seated upon, and only rarely allowed to roam free from it. To his left was a comfortable looking living space that was completed with a stone fireplace and expensive looking furniture. Without much light, the rest of the biome was nearly impossible to see.

"Charlie!"

"I'm coming!" a female voice bellowed back.

Within a few moments, a shadowy female figure appeared from around a stone corner and approached her close friend. She examined he and his "cargo" for no more than a moment before turning away. "Nope," she bleated. "I won't do it."

Maxwell followed briskly, the limp scientist bouncing in his arms. "Charlie, please. You've got to help me."

"Why?" she retorted, turning sharply on her heel, causing her curled hair to whip around her. She picked up Wilson's pale hand and dropped it. "He's already dead."

Maxwell froze. He hadn't even noticed he had gone limp. He turned his dark eyes to look at the gentleman in his arms whose face was still stricken with pain and discomfort. At that moment, all the concern and chaos that he hid so well flooded his face and voice.

"Charlie!" he called again, his voice cracking to his displeasure. She turned to him and they stared at each other for moments in a tense silence before the shade turned her friend around and walked them briskly to the living area.

"Fine," she tutted. "but They aren't going to like this..."

They, Max thought as he lied Wilson's limp and cold body on the sofa. He had forgotten all about Them...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11653[/ATTACH]

My sis helped me with Charlie in this one, so her helping hand can be seen :D

Now THIS is the sort of "Good Luck, Charlie" I can live with (not that BS sitcom on the Disney Channel XP). 0.o I just hope Wilson really ISN'T dead.

Forgive my errors if there are any, I'm not very "item smart" when it comes to Don't Starve

Maxwell turned away and lit himself a cigar as Charlie examined her dead patient. A click sounded to the shade's left as Maxwell lit the logs within the stone fireplace with a snap of his fingers. After a few moments of examination, Charlie turned to her partner, who now sat composed and content in a high backed chair puffing a cigar as though not moments ago a man had just died in his arms. The shade shrugged.

"Yup. He's gone."

Maxwell narrowed his dark eyes." Surely there's something you can do about it." he growled, his patience clearly running dry.

"There is," she spat back with equal frostiness. "but if I were to do it, the both of us could be in a load of trouble."

The puppet master spread his hands. "Do I look like I care?"

Charlie stared at him before turning and walking briskly away to retrieve the item. As she left, Maxwell relaxed and puffed his cigar, not once taking his eyes of Wilson. Like a bird of prey, he eyed him, searching for any tiny movement. A twitch. A shallow breath. Anything. Footsteps were heard as Charlie reentered the room with the object in hand, and Maxwell's gaze moved not. He didn't even blink.

Charlie gingerly placed the golden chain around the scientists neck and placed the red gem that was attached on his petrified chest. She stood back for a moment, and Maxwell thought he saw her hard eyes soften to look down at Wilson. They sat in silence as the fire cracked beside them and the red gem hummed as it pulsated. All they had left to do was wait...

post-53951-13764597199873_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how to link all the story pages on the first page? Like in order:

(ex)

P. 1

P. 2

P. 3...

You could quote to the first post in my comic-thread and copy the code from there ;) Don't forget to replace the links!

Every post that is made on these forums have a number to the far right, if you click that number the page will reload and a new URL will appear at the top bar of your web browser. Copy that URL and use it to link to your posts that contain comic pages.

Maxwell turned away and lit himself a cigar as Charlie examined her dead patient. A click sounded to the shade's left as Maxwell lit the logs within the stone fireplace with a snap of his fingers. After a few moments of examination, Charlie turned to her partner, who now sat composed and content in a high backed chair puffing a cigar as though not moments ago a man had just died in his arms. The shade shrugged.

"Yup. He's gone."

Maxwell narrowed his dark eyes." Surely there's something you can do about it." he growled, his patience clearly running dry.

"There is," she spat back with equal frostiness. "but if I were to do it, the both of us could be in a load of trouble."

Charlie stared at him before turning and walking briskly away to retrieve the item. As she left, Maxwell relaxed and puffed his cigar, not once taking his eyes of Wilson. Like a bird of prey, he eyed him, searching for any tiny movement. A twitch. A shallow breath. Anything. Footsteps were heard as Charlie reentered the room with the object in hand, and Maxwell's gaze moved not. He didn't even blink.

Charlie gingerly placed the golden chain around the scientists neck and placed the red gem that was attached on his petrified chest. She stood back for a moment, and Maxwell thought he saw her hard eyes soften to look down at Wilson. They sat in silence as the fire cracked beside them and the red gem hummed as it pulsated. All they had left to do was wait...

%7Boption%7D

Probably the most atmospheric picture so far, me likes. I also like where the story is going, keep up the good work :)

You could quote to the first post in my comic-thread and copy the code from there ;) Don't forget to replace the links!Every post that is made on these forums have a number to the far right, if you click that number the page will reload and a new URL will appear at the top bar of your web browser. Copy that URL and use it to link to your posts that contain comic pages.Probably the most atmospheric picture so far, me likes. I also like where the story is going, keep up the good work :)

Thank you! The background took me freakin' forever and a half, so I'm glad you think it turned out great. :D I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're saying about the links..:/ Edited by TrebleStudios

Forgive my errors if there are any, I'm not very "item smart" when it comes to Don't Starve

"Yup. He's gone."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11758[/ATTACH]

It is...ALIIIIIIVE!

Aww I hope they don't get into too much trouble... D: Amazing update! It certainly felt like the calm before the storm though...

Glad to know you're enjoying it! :D But I don't think Wilson's out of the woods yet. The storm may just be coming in...(I hope that sounds right...:/)

Ah, the Life-Giving Amulet. While in the game, they can be made by the player, I can easily see how 'They' wouldn't be too happy with either Charlie or Maxwell for creating one and putting it on the frozen soul. You'd need a buzzsaw to cut through this tension now. :3

Ah, the Life-Giving Amulet. While in the game, they can be made by the player, I can easily see how 'They' wouldn't be too happy with either Charlie or Maxwell for creating one and putting it on the frozen soul. You'd need a buzzsaw to cut through this tension now. :3

The suspense is palpable..Let's wait and see what They have in store. I think we'll see some parental instincts jump out of Max in a few more pages. :wilson_curious:My sister wants to know what you mean in your comment. Why wouldn't They be too happy? she asks.

To answer your sister's question: It would have been one thing if Wilson, while still 'alive', had managed to somehow craft one of his own, but to be given one by one or both of Their puppets? The pair seem to risk getting into trouble by directly aiding the young man, instead of allowing him to pass on. After all, bending the rules is one thing, but breaking or changing them is another.I could, of course, be all sorts of dead wrong. It's hard to tell sometimes what the higher powers of any reality may think....now that I think about it, Maxwell's role seems to be more of a medium than a mere puppet, which makes me think that They are not as powerful as they'd like to be if they require a medium to do their work.

Edited by Tesability

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're saying about the links..:/

If you want to link your comic pages like I suggested you have to do it that way. If you enable "Editor source mode" you'll see pure text and code. The button is at the top left when you enter Advanced Mode, do like this:1: Reply to this post by clicking the [Reply with quote] button.2: You should now see another button that says [Go Advanced], click that.3: In advanced mode you have more options at your disposal. At the very top left there's a button with the letters A/A, click that one. It enables Editor Source Mode, basically you can see text and code in it's pure format.4: Copy the list of comic pages I made5: Edit your first post in this thread and paste the list you copied6: REPLACE the links. If you don't do that people will end up being sent to my comic pages instead of yours.

If you want to link your comic pages like I suggested you have to do it that way. If you enable "Editor source mode" you'll see pure text and code. The button is at the top left when you enter Advanced Mode, do like this:1: Reply to this post by clicking the [Reply with quote] button.2: You should now see another button that says [Go Advanced], click that.3: In advanced mode you have more options at your disposal. At the very top left there's a button with the letters A/A, click that one. It enables Editor Source Mode, basically you can see text and code in it's pure format.4: Copy the list of comic pages I made5: Edit your first post in this thread and paste the list you copied6: REPLACE the links. If you don't do that people will end up being sent to my comic pages instead of yours.

Thank you so much, Miss! Now I don't have to worry about people missing pages. :D

To answer your sister's question: It would have been one thing if Wilson, while still 'alive', had managed to somehow craft one of his own, but to be given one by one or both of Their puppets? The pair seem to risk getting into trouble by directly aiding the young man, instead of allowing him to pass on. After all, bending the rules is one thing, but breaking or changing them is another.I could, of course, be all sorts of dead wrong. It's hard to tell sometimes what the higher powers of any reality may think....now that I think about it, Maxwell's role seems to be more of a medium than a mere puppet, which makes me think that They are not as powerful as they'd like to be if they require a medium to do their work.

They can't do to much of anything while Charlie's there. My sis and I both had the idea that Charlie's the most powerful of the evil behind the throne and in the shadows, and the rest of them, while still being powerful, usually have to mind Charlie. Now, if it were Max and Wilson alone, They probably would have killed them right then and there. But They will make sure that both of them (or all three of them) learn their lesson. They have no problem saying no to those who tell them to do other than what they plan to do..Also, because Charlie is really 'top dog' of this evil, she allows Maxwell to take charge, giving him equal authority and power to her. The two are also good friends, so there's nothing Charlie holds against him that would make her do otherwise. So really, Max is the king, Charlie is the queen, and They are part of a whole other game that doesn't play by the rules.