TrebleStudios-Don't Starve Fan Art

I really like the story so far, and the art of course. Keep doing what you do :D

Hence the word 'possible' in that statement, since I had no idea where the pics were headed. And while I do appreciate the knowledge that the direction is not where it's going, sometimes I can't stop the brain from thinking it. That's like telling Wilson he can't perform any further science, he's gonna do so anyway. x.xAnd don't worry, Miss is in the same boat with some of her pics. It's not just you. And your sister needs to get her ideas down in paper one way or another, she's under direct orders at this point to do so. >_>

Ahem, I have no intentions on planning Maxwell's and Wilson's wedding, in other words, you're worrying too much and should probably not accuse somebody for shipping before the story has been told. Let Treble and her sister do what they do, I'm sure it'll turn out good. Edited by Miss
typos :|

I really like the story so far, and the art of course. Keep doing what you do :DAhem, I have no intentions on planning Maxwell's and Wilson's wedding, in other words, you're worrying too much and should probably not accuse somebody for shipping before the story has been told. Let Treble do what she does, I'm sure it'll turn out good.

wise words *le claps*

..........I had no idea you two were related. *goes hide in a corner in shame*

I'm not sure I understand. If you refered to us being relatives I can tell you we live on two different continents... We're buddies and that's about it.

Hence the word 'possible' in that statement, since I had no idea where the pics were headed. And while I do appreciate the knowledge that the direction is not where it's going, sometimes I can't stop the brain from thinking it. That's like telling Wilson he can't perform any further science, he's gonna do so anyway. x.xAnd don't worry, Miss is in the same boat with some of her pics. It's not just you. And your sister needs to get her ideas down in paper one way or another, she's under direct orders at this point to do so. >_>

"Never again, Wilson!" *does more science-y stuff anyway* :pMy sis said she'll be sure to do so! And I'm sorry if my comment was rash, I didn't mean for it to sound that way :/On previous pages, you can see a short comic strip she did inspired by Miss amazing DS comic if you would like to see it. :D And I forgive you! Don't stress yourself with what you say, I'm always interested with what people think of the art here :D I appreciate you all commenting! Edited by TrebleStudios

Wilson let out a pitiful cry of fear as he felt hands grab him roughly under his arms and lift him. As his body uncurled, his joints cracked and his muscles screamed. The cold had seemed to freeze them in place, and when they were suddenly unraveled, they sent a surge of pain through his chilled frame. Wilson whined hoarsely as he was sat roughly in the lap of the one whom he feared would do him harm. He ceased to struggle for he found it fruitless to fight one with such a grip. As he was laid like a babe in his lap, the other man removed his cozy coat and wrapped him tightly in it. The fur from the garb warmed Wilson fast, but not as fast as both of them knew was needed.

Wilson's lungs were strained as he struggled to catch his breath, and he wheezed as he looked up at the other man who rested against a boulder in the snow. He opened his mouth to speak, but a gloved hand was raised to him in a motion to silence.

"Shh," the other man whispered as he adjusted Wilson in his lap. He pointed a finger at him. "We're not going to talk about this."

Wilson paused for a moment before speaking in no more than a whisper. "..Who..are you...?"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11454[/ATTACH]

I saw your pics on DS's facebook page. VERY well done! :) Ignore the potential yaoi trolls who think you're pairing these two. This would be good character development for Maxwell if this were a cinematic cutscene in the game.

I saw your pics on DS's facebook page. VERY well done! :) Ignore the potential yaoi trolls who think you're pairing these two. This would be good character development for Maxwell if this were a cinematic cutscene in the game.

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say! I'm glad you're enjoying them. I wish Don't Starve had cinematic cutscenes..:D Like the end of the game would be a good cinematic. BTW, I'm working on typing this entire story out, along with another one I'm working on. I'll probably have to create a new thread for it, but if you're interested, I can let you all know when it's up so you can read it if you want. :D

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say! I'm glad you're enjoying them. I wish Don't Starve had cinematic cutscenes..:D Like the end of the game would be a good cinematic. BTW, I'm working on typing this entire story out, along with another one I'm working on. I'll probably have to create a new thread for it, but if you're interested, I can let you all know when it's up so you can read it if you want. :D

Incidentally, I recently wrote out a plot of the entire game being cinematic: a Don't Starve animated film! ^^ http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?23537-Don-t-Starve-Animated-FilmYeah, I look forward to seeing more illustrations :)

Because of all the confusion of this "Max/Wilson" pairing, my sister has taken the liberty to provide a story and an image to clarify it all. This explains Maxwell's favor towards Wilson, hence his rescue attempt in the story I've been posting.

We'll take this back to 1901. This would make Maxwell at least 21 or 23. In the story, Max is a stage performer, specifically a Broadway/theater singer, dancer, and actor. Among his peers and according to his managers, he is their best man. A convincing actor, a phenomenal singer, and a amazing dancer. His talents and his constant place in the lime light captures the attention of the manager's niece, Johanna. Johanna is young dainty, pretty little thing. Long golden hair and beautiful blue eyes, and the perfect dress to match. She visits one day to see these tales of the "amazing Maxwell' for herself. She stands backstage with her uncles and watches as rehearsal continues. She is overall impressed with the talent of the cast, but is dumbfounded as Max makes his entrance with his crew of dancers. Let's just say they met that day and were together ever since.

Now, to the point. Max and Johanna eventually had a son. His name was Wilson, unbeknownst to Max that he would end up meeting another Wilson later in life. Unfortunately, a epidemic of sickness briefly hit the city. Max remained healthy, but the illness took Johanna and his 11 year old son with it as it left, leaving Max heartbroken.

There you have it my friends, no pairing, just a slap in the face from painful memories.

post-53951-13764597023902_thumb.jpg

---the other one(sis)

Now that I know the story, I can actually look at those pictures without flinching and for what they truly are, more of a father-son(like) scenario than anything else. Now, that I think about it, it does beg the question of how dear ol' Maxie knew of the scientist in the game. Hm...

And I'm still sorry for the mess on the thread. I have a brain that likes to think certain things at times before I even have a chance to properly analyze. >_< Doesn't help that my boyfriend likes looking at certain things and I sometimes catch him looking at them... <_< *zips lip before going any further on that topic*

Now that I know the story, I can actually look at those pictures without flinching and for what they truly are, more of a father-son(like) scenario than anything else. Now, that I think about it, it does beg the question of how dear ol' Maxie knew of the scientist in the game. Hm...

And I'm still sorry for the mess on the thread. I have a brain that likes to think certain things at times before I even have a chance to properly analyze. >_< Doesn't help that my boyfriend likes looking at certain things and I sometimes catch him looking at them... <_< *zips lip before going any further on that topic*

Maxie? Cute nickname for him :D

And don't worry yourself, I forgive you. It was just a simple mistake, no biggie! :D

I wish the people of Facebook understood it as well as you do now..Their ignorance to the Wilson/Max relationship I have set up aggravates me. Thank you for understanding! :D

For those of you who have been reading the story, enjoy this cliffhanger! :D

The older man scoffed. "You know me, Wilson. You insinuated that yourself not five minutes ago."

Wilson paused, relaxed, and closed his eyes. If I could just sleep, he thought, maybe the pain would go away.

"I know you hurt," bleated the low tone as his rubbing to warm his became more gentle until he stopped, "but you're going to have to suck it up, pal."

Wilson became confused, for his face said it all. He felt as though his mind was being read and searched through like a file. Everything he thought, the man responded to almost immediately. The gentleman's thoughts quickly trailed off as he closed his eyes again, ready to sleep..or simply fade away. This world was too harsh, too cruel. His lungs began to refuse to take any more air than what a shallow breath could bring. Wilson's body ached again, keeping him in a strict position. He fought the urge to cry, to fight. It wouldn't do him any good. He had been told once that he'd die out there "just like the rest of them," and his cries of pain and desperation wouldn't save him.

As Wilson's breathing became shallow and quick, and his wheezing turned to whimpers, the older man shifted him again and rose to his feet. Wilson yelped in pain as he was adjusted into a cradling position and flinched as the man who held him sounded an echoing whistle. Within moments, the atmosphere grew dark and quick, shadowy movements caught Wilson's eye. A pair of hands, black as the night, rose from the frozen earth, and readied themselves to lash out at them.

Not again, Wilson thought. Looking up at the older man, he seemed impatient at the time it took their preparation to transport them. To where, Wilson had no idea. As the nightmarish ambiance grew louder and shadow hands grew closer, Wilson let the tears come as his sight grew black and he stopped breathing...

post-53951-13764597048384_thumb.jpg

A few quotes inspired by MISS. Credit goes to her :D

Edited by TrebleStudios

For those of you who have been reading the story, enjoy this cliffhanger! :D

The older man scoffed. "You know me, Wilson. You insinuated that yourself not five minutes ago."

Wilson paused, relaxed, and closed his eyes. If I could just sleep, he thought, maybe the pain would go away.

"I know you hurt," bleated the low tone as his rubbing to warm his became more gentle until he stopped, "but you're going to have to suck it up, pal."

Wilson became confused, for his face said it all. He felt as though his mind was being read and searched through like a file. Everything he thought, the man responded to almost immediately. The gentleman's thoughts quickly trailed off as he closed his eyes again, ready to sleep..or simply fade away. This world was too harsh, too cruel. His lungs began to refuse to take any more air than what a shallow breath could bring. Wilson's body ached again, keeping him in a strict position. He fought the urge to cry, to fight. It wouldn't do him any good. He had been told once that he'd die out there "just like the rest of them," and his cries of pain and desperation wouldn't save him.

As Wilson's breathing became shallow and quick, and his wheezing turned to whimpers, the older man shifted him again and rose to his feet. Wilson yelped in pain as he was adjusted into a cradling position and flinched as the man who held him sounded an echoing whistle. Within moments, the atmosphere grew dark and quick, shadowy movements caught Wilson's eye. A pair of hands, black as the night, rose from the frozen earth, and readied themselves to lash out at them.

Not again, Wilson thought. Looking up at the older man, he seemed impatient at the time it took their preparation to transport them. To where, Wilson had no idea. As the nightmarish ambiance grew louder and shadow hands grew closer, Wilson let the tears come as his sight grew black and he stopped breathing...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11540[/ATTACH]

A few quotes inspired by MISS. Credit goes to her :D

I looked at the story you wrote before about Maxwell's lost wife and son, too. If that doesn't break the annoying shipping, I dunno what will.

After all, you can't say "yaoi" without "owie." XP

I looked at the story you wrote before about Maxwell's lost wife and son, too. If that doesn't break the annoying shipping, I dunno what will.After all, you can't say "yaoi" without "owie." XP

The story is actually my sis's idea :D It was just to clarify to all who were confused. Thanks for taking the time to read this! :D It means alot to me ! Also, enjoy the cliffhangers. There will be lot's of them >:)

The story is actually my sis's idea :D It was just to clarify to all who were confused. Thanks for taking the time to read this! :D It means alot to me ! Also, enjoy the cliffhangers. There will be lot's of them >:)

Ooooooh!

Now that I think about it, to be able to pick up another fully-grown man without appearing at least somewhat strained means that Maxwell's truly perfected his poker face or he's stronger than he looks...my luck, it's both. XP

I'd say poker face :D But if you really want to think of it the other way, Wilson has lost quite a bit of weight through the winter due to the lack of food, so maybe he's just light enough for him to lift ;)

I didn't know you had one. I'll be sure to take a look :D Is it on the fourm? What is it called?

I have two. One that's about a month old called "Wilson's Lament," but my recent one is called "Sick Day," both are in the Art, Music & Lore thread, and very short. ^^