As I said... The effort needed is only seen as an annoyance because you expect some average lua programmer to create a mp mod in a single night.For a modder to make one, will require months of dedication and a team to tackle the project... Then again... lua seems like a solo scripting language to most programmers, and most would rather use a more powerful language than that.You could have someone enable a functionality so the lua code runs a import of java codes or the likes, so to speak.Possibly a multiplayer library built on top of the game to make features possible?

Hello dears,

I, secret dual French entity,

present a gentle yell of my present thought :

OF COURZ IT WONT HAPPEN BUT LET'S SAY IT WILL !

Great game but, keen devs, admit it : you cry every night, summoning Hypnos, Hel, Christus and the whole R'lyeh only to dare playing this with your girlfriend all day. Just admit it. 2-4 pl. co-op.

Rub people, be a Guru, exploit naives, but earn enough gold to turn this into a formidable co-op experience.

Simple edit here : multi will bring new players, new players bring money, money brings happiness for Krampus. Let's think of it.

Thank you.

Yours, mipi.

Edited by mipi
I forgot my point LULZ

Don't Starve is great! But at least playing with one friend and discovering the whole world in a team would be incredible. I really hope that a multiplayer will come, even though it is not designated!! Thanks a lot. What a great game :D

i was thinking that if they do add mp (i hope they do) all the players have the same food bar so the same amount of food is used as in sp

Nah man.. I wan't to do some co-op with my friends mostly for fun..But i have this friend, and we argue of wich person is best at the game, so making a sharing food bar, is kinda stupid.It would be cool if the people started at differend places, and the wormholes would take you to your friends world/area.

Hello dears,

Great game but, keen devs, admit it : you cry every night, summoning Hypnos, Hel, Christus and the whole R'lyeh only to dare playing this with your girlfriend all day. Just admit it. 2-4 pl. co-op.

Rub people, be a Guru, exploit naives, but earn enough gold to turn this into a formidable co-op experience.

Simple edit here : multi will bring new players, new players bring money, money brings happiness for Krampus. Let's think of it.

Thank you.

Yours, mipi.

I made a forum account here just to quote this for how awesome it is.

You have an amazing game devs. Giving players a small co-op experience would make it better, in my opinion.

Hello dears,

Thank you.

Yours, mipi.

So, single player brings no new players, eh?

Then why is DS in the top 5 on Steam right now?

Why do games like FTL or BoI still work?

DS is fine as it is now. You all think you're so smart. You're all like "LOLOL MULTIPLAYER WILL BRING MORE PEOPLE = MORE MONEH!". I've heard it like fifty times already. The same thing. Again and again. And yet, now DS is very successful and has an awesome community. Without Multiplayer.

Why? Why is it so successful?

Because Klei did it right and focused on giving us an awesome SINGLEPLAYER experience.

This is god friggin' Klei, they do what's right. We don't need more EA-companies.

EDIT: Oh and also: It is not even your concern how much money Klei makes. And admit it, you don't even give a single manure about it. All you want is Minecraft in 2.5D without senseless block-stacking.

Edited by Palpetinus

Preamble: I wrote my words before reading al the complaining/flame between singleplayer and multiplayer fans. I just want tell what i feel about the this topic.I must admit that i'm quite new to Don't Starve but not to survival games for sure.. :p I'm already in love with it, it's really an awesome game and i'm quite sure i'll stick to it for ages.Only a few words about the multiplayer: quite a pitty that there won't be a co-op mode, i would've loved to play with an other friend and found it even more challenging to share a lower number of resources that had to be enought for the survival of two or even only to find each other in the same map by randomly spawning in different areas of the same map..Still, I won't stop wondering and dreaming this possibility, who knows if there will ever be a mod or a different version with something similar. In the meantime i'll keep on playing and sharing exeriences with friends with the usual way, chatting and laughing.Btw I partially now what it would take to rewrite most of the code since I'm getting a degree in IT, it would be a pain in the ass for the devs in case they personally prefer not to implement a multiplayer feature. Last thing: We'll just have to wait to see what time will bring us and keep having fun with the game as it is.