Just me, or is Boomerang insanely OP?

Sliver

*Throws poisoned Castlevania knife at tehmugwug* Tehwugmug: OHH, OPALOINTMENT FONGETULA! The wind's in the shillings! *falls over dead*Don't nerf more than what needs to be nerfed! For Example, Dark Armor should reduce max sanity, instead of draining it. Much more dangerous.

*Throws poisoned Castlevania knife at tehmugwug* Tehwugmug: OHH, OPALOINTMENT FONGETULA! The wind's in the shillings! *falls over dead*Don't nerf more than what needs to be nerfed! For Example, Dark Armor should reduce max sanity, instead of draining it. Much more dangerous.

But the point of dark armor and dark sword is to fight and kill the sanity monsters, which can't be hurt unless you have 0 sanity. So for those items to drain your sanity to 0 makes sense

that would only be worth it if they were stackable and costed 2 wood and 1 charcoal, they might be op'd, but i'm betting no one would say that if they took the spacebar click out and made it so you had to use the mouse to catch it.also up until this post was made i rarely used the boomerang, dunno why prolly just the having to catch it part, it is quite nice for food harvesting, nightmare killing, killing koalaphant, or pigs. Having said that i've been hit in the face a lot by the stupid thing even using spacebar, usually cause something pickable is close, and i'm not accustomed to the weapon. this thing is by far superior to bird traps, traps, and the spear/tentacle spike. In all honesty though because of the facehits i think it's only barely to strong, i'm betting a lot of people lose health frequently because of that thing. I can't be alone lol.

Edited by gnarlytreeman

Although Krampus does spawn more often when using this method, he's sort-of easy enough to deal with. I haven't gotten to winter yet so can't say for sure, but it is horrendous in close range especially since most mobs you can't get away from if you aggro (unless they lose interest but beefalo/tallbirds/etc don't).

I killed roughly twenty birds with my boomerang and ice staff and no krampus, probably gonna spawn it in :p

I am getting sick of "this is op" topics.

I agree somewhat, i am not sick of the op topics but it seems like just about everything is considered op by someone..its like they want everything nerfed to make the game impossible or something.boomerang is annoying to make, it has few uses, and also if you miss the catch it loses another 10% durability.yeah you can get through winter with boomerang, and i was thinking thats one of the only few ways to get snowbird feathers for blowdarts.i got through a winter with 4 beeboxes and monster meat. if you collect the boxes in the day, the bees come after you and when they de-aggro they stay outside and collect more pollen and so you can keep collecting honey all through winter.3 honey and a monster meat = nuggets.the crockpot is op because you can make like 8 of them and then cook something in each one and just leave it therebunny traps are op because you can catch 1 or 2 bunnies every day in each one. 4 morsels a day = meatball = surviving winter with just 4 bunny trapsreallly...the only thing that ever kills me is the frigging hounds, eventually they just get stronger and stronger until they overwhelm you. i got to day 145 and 12 ice hounds spawned and with full logsuit i died in 2 seconds

I agree somewhat, i am not sick of the op topics but it seems like just about everything is considered op by someone..its like they want everything nerfed to make the game impossible or something.boomerang is annoying to make, it has few uses, and also if you miss the catch it loses another 10% durability.yeah you can get through winter with boomerang, and i was thinking thats one of the only few ways to get snowbird feathers for blowdarts.i got through a winter with 4 beeboxes and monster meat. if you collect the boxes in the day, the bees come after you and when they de-aggro they stay outside and collect more pollen and so you can keep collecting honey all through winter.3 honey and a monster meat = nuggets.the crockpot is op because you can make like 8 of them and then cook something in each one and just leave it therebunny traps are op because you can catch 1 or 2 bunnies every day in each one. 4 morsels a day = meatball = surviving winter with just 4 bunny trapsreallly...the only thing that ever kills me is the frigging hounds, eventually they just get stronger and stronger until they overwhelm you. i got to day 145 and 12 ice hounds spawned and with full logsuit i died in 2 seconds

I somehow got stunlocked by like 5 killerbees so i couldn't move and died in 2 seconds. I GUESS THEY ARE OP nwerffff

Lets see. Only creatures that u can one-hit with a boomerang are rabbits, bird, butterflies(kinda imposible in real life). A gobbler needs 2 hits. Spider at least 4 (3 with wolfgang)My point is that i dont think boomerang is OP since u can only get morsels from rabbits and birds and for me this dont worth it. I craft boomerang only to attack some animals like gobblers or koalefant (sometimes even bosses when they de-aggro me and im trying to lead them to my traps)Maybe a good solution would be give to rabbits and birds some evasion rate maybe 25% so we can miss them sometimes. And fix the butterfly thing. It would be fair enough for me. Well actually i dont care at all LOL

So wait ... are you guys saying that even after breaking a few boomerangs, Krampus still won't show up? Is this a glitch in the game or something because I've been purposely trying to spawn him and he keeps hissing at me for every kill I make with the boomerang.Come out Krampus, I want your bag of goodies!! Dx>

I kept killing all the rabbits, downing a few boomerangs and he's already hissing, but he's not coming at all. Its so aggravating!Krampus, come out! Im sorry I called you weaksauce!

He ain't weak, pal. Trust me. I once thought i could beat him with an axe and with no armour when i was in a hurry. Two kicks. It took two kicks for him to end my save.Listen to me, dude, LISTEN TO MEEE

How bizarre. Am I the only one that's actively trying not to summon Krampus? I'm super non-confrontational, so I avoid any and all direct combat, including inviting that blasted burglar to come rifle through my chests. Traps are basically better, anyways; why use silk on boomerangs when one could make cheap, seed/berry baited bird traps with the silk instead? You don't even need to actively hunt the birds!

Spiders are my bread and butter, anyway. I always get through winter using stored berries/crops in the Ice Box and cooking them with Monster Meat from killed spiders. Heck, even if I ran out of plants to cook with and didn't want to use the birdcage, I could trap the snow rabbits and make Meaty Stews out of Morsels and Monster Meat.

Grass and twigs are far, far easier to get than logs and charcoal, seeing how logs leave those irritating tree stumps behind (and take a while to harvest without an army of pigs) and charcoal requires preparation to make it without risk. So far, I've only used Boomerangs to fight the Deerclops, though I imagine that I might end up fighting a Spider Queen or Treeguard with 'em if I get brave enough.

I've always seen the Boomerang as the cheapest (in terms of resources) ranged weapon, not a small animal dispatcher.