Just me, or is Boomerang insanely OP?

Sliver

No one ever talks about the boomerang, and I'm honestly surprised that no one has mentioned how building a boomerang essentially makes you win. It only costs 1 charcoal, 1 board, and 1 silk; You need an alchemy engine to prototype it. It has ten uses, and despite its downside of being able to hurt you, this penalty is severely reduced with a log suit. It may not sound too OP, but think about it:Every bird that lands? Dead. Every jackalope that pops up? Dead.Once a boomerang is crafted, you now have more morsels than you will ever need. And considering its low cost and high number of uses, it's incredibly easy to just live off of the boomerang.

Although Krampus does spawn more often when using this method, he's sort-of easy enough to deal with. I haven't gotten to winter yet so can't say for sure, but it is horrendous in close range especially since most mobs you can't get away from if you aggro (unless they lose interest but beefalo/tallbirds/etc don't).

The boomerang allows you to get a total of 10 morsels (possibly less if you attack birds, they don't always drop one). I'd rather use it for aggroing the Koalefant. Also have you played as Wes? I'm pretty sure it can't kill bunnies or birds as him, because he's weak. IMO if it gets nerfed at all it'll be pointless. It's easier to just spear bunnies anyway.

Edited by buster2Xk

No one ever talks about the boomerang, and I'm honestly surprised that no one has mentioned how building a boomerang essentially makes you win. It only costs 1 charcoal, 1 board, and 1 silk; You need an alchemy engine to prototype it. It has ten uses, and despite its downside of being able to hurt you, this penalty is severely reduced with a log suit. It may not sound too OP, but think about it:Every bird that lands? Dead. Every jackalope that pops up? Dead.Once a boomerang is crafted, you now have more morsels than you will ever need. And considering its low cost and high number of uses, it's incredibly easy to just live off of the boomerang.

Unless you're wes, then it takes 2 hits per boomerang. Makes it more balanced.Speaking of the boomerang and Wes, if a bird is hit with the boomerang, it should fly away after it's stunned, just like other mobs, it shouldn't sit there waiting for you to hit it a 2nd time!!!

Speaking of the latest OP craze around here, I survived an entire winter just standing next to my cozy campfire boomerang-ing birds one after the other. Had more meat than I could eat.FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS ABOMINATION!

I am getting sick of "this is op" topics.

Boomerangs were given a drawback to specifically make them not OP.

First- Instead of needing plain ol' wood or sticks or boards or whatever, you need charcoal too- Which is only obtained by burning down a tree, a feat that can go awry easily.

Second- It has low durability. So unlike the axe, which can be used about 50 times, the boomerang can only be used ten times, severely limiting what you do with it.

Third- It can smack you in the face if you don't catch it int time, something that you usually can't do when you are under attack already.

While the Logsuit can counter this somewhat, the damage is still there.

And third- Its uses (angering Koalaphants, killing birds, etc.) Would be made more difficult if there was a nerf.

And anyway, who says that alternate ways of doing things are bad?

Edited by ShnarfBird
meh

Its more interesting for me why someone is spending whole 15 days of winter in a base. I would get bored to death by the end of the winter.

You're right, but I was ill prepared for winter this time. Had no food store and no warm clothes, so I was kind of stuck. (it was like "oh, crap, here comes winter!) I also lucked into a land with virtually no spiders and no beefalos, so even with a hot rock in my pocket, I couldn't go far enough to find any food. (crappy map, really, but I stuck with it)

You're right, but I was ill prepared for winter this time. Had no food store and no warm clothes, so I was kind of stuck. (it was like "oh, crap, here comes winter!) I also lucked into a land with virtually no spiders and no beefalos, so even with a hot rock in my pocket, I couldn't go far enough to find any food. (crappy map, really, but I stuck with it)

I would still risk death, and go out. :D

When you kill a rabbit with it the others will flee. Traps are much better for rabbits.Now, if you already have traps for rabbits, the boomerang is a better option for birds then their traps because you will get them faster and almost every bird that lands will be dead (some will just fly away before the hit).I use boomerang for feathers or when I am trying my luck with Krampus.I have recently used the fire staff as part of my strategy to get rid of a giant cluster of spider dens. It has 20 charges and the gems drop often from hounds when you are over day 100. Best ranged weapon so far. For me it is staffs, boomerang and then darts because they have only one use.

The boomerang allows you to get a total of 10 morsels (possibly less if you attack birds, they don't always drop one). I'd rather use it for aggroing the Koalefant. Also have you played as Wes? I'm pretty sure it can't kill bunnies or birds as him, because he's weak. IMO if it gets nerfed at all it'll be pointless. It's easier to just spear bunnies anyway.

not anymore : ) though you know that already.

I dont think the boomerang is overly op. I think its use is correct. An unexpected attack has more punch to the bowl. If you were waiting for a guy with a spear to attack you, you'd be on your guard, but if you're dumb and a bunny, then you die by thingees in the air. period.Here on a complete sidenote, but i need an answer, its killing me. What will i bring to World 2 after completing the machine? Can i fill a Krampus sack? can i have a 9 hair beard? can i have chester? will i be able to choose a different W? By World 2 i mean exactly that. Not Adventure, but Survivor. Thanks for the near miss on correcting 'op' boomerangs.

Then please suggest a way to fix the "OP" nature of the boomerang or even suggest an alternative.You can't just go around and say something's OP and then leave it at that. The Devs wouldn't know what to do and will just grab a suggestion from a cup and tweak that instead, only for the players to not like what they've done out of confusion.Come on guy, if you want something fixed, you're gonna have to start being more specific about what you have in mind.