Okay, here's the save, and I've also attached a short (3 minute) video from Google Drive showing the issue in action:
While I've got your eyeballs:
* Dupes still don't respect atmosuit checkpoints on rocket capsule exit (they leave their suit on enter, then exit without it).
* Nuclear waste leaks out of buildings/pipes. Intentional?
* Oxygen Mask to Atmo Suit checkpoint interactions don't work very well. I tried on multiple saves to have dupes run around with masks until they hit oil, and when I set up a mask to suit exchange outside the hot biome they would frequently become trapped because they'd ditch their mask and forget to hang it up.
And some thoughts:
* Rockets shouldn't require the associated bay (cargo/gas/liquid) to load/unload material/gasses/liquids into rockets with viable ports. For storage, yes. For loading/unloading directly into the command capsule (IE Oxygen), IMO, no.
* Rockets need a weight-based takeoff limit (maybe instead of a height requirement), IMO, otherwise the cargo module/large cargo module are never going to be as good as tossing storage containers in the capsule. There's a lot of exploity stuff you can do this way, with any kind of storage (liquid/gas/solid).
* Dupes need to stop using the toilets in my damn rockets on the ground. I JUST CLEANED THAT MEEP. Also, we need space toilets, maybe 1x3. Trying to cram a bathroom in a capsule is awkward. In fact, I think we need space versions of most basic buildings, like space hammocks and space tables.
* On the above note, having to constantly toggle nutrient bar/berry sludge edibility for a given pilot is time consuming (and easy to forget with all the other requirements of getting into space). Can we get a separate "space loadout" dupe checklist or something? I guess you can solve this with more production, but it feels awkward in midgame.
* In space, maybe there shouldn't be gravity (IE jetpack movement).
* Why do I have to land two dupes in order to get enough metals to build a rocket platform? Why can't robots build rocket platforms? The whole process of getting rockets down onto planetoids is kind of awkward, IMO
* The suit maintenance problem (optional, I know) becomes a problem when you start trying to colonize other worlds and have to somehow cram an exosuit forge into your already space-limited capsule. Not sure if this is intentional, but it's really hard to work with.
* Resin is REALLY expensive to obtain and all recipes that use it require a LOT of it. Trying to build a room of insulated tiles out of insulation would require Millions of kcals of food. Intentional?
* I almost exclusively use Radbolt Rockets, even when hydrogen is available, because they get better range and have similar height requirements (after you take into account the fuel tanks/oxidizer tanks). Hydrogen-based rockets just feel like too much effort for not enough effect
It would be really cool if we could discover (not develop) tech from gravitas that would allow us to build a building that, in a limited area, sped up time. Call it a temporal accelerator, make it require endgame materials, but that way when you're building these massive endgame projects you have the ability to get things done quickly as your reward for "beating" the game.
Rocket Out of Power.sav