What is the celestial crown you're blabbering about?
The celestial crown - as its name states - is a very unique item which is only obtainable after slaying the Lunar Champion. This item emits light in a big radius, grants sanity and also spawns gestalts when fighting something. However, given the tedious process of even getting that event to begin, let alone fighting the boss, for such a difficulty to obtain it feels quite underwhelming.
In spite of all that, I have a few ideas that might make that marvelous crown feel like you're a king of the moon (in miniature). Now keep in mind... when I hear the term "celestial crown" I personally imagine a complete game changer:
1. Buffing the gestalts. Normally, a greater gestalt deals around 180 hit points of damage, however, when having them as a by-fighter, they only deal 45 dmg per hit, thus making them tremendously weak. Buffing them to the actual damage they have would be greatly appreciated (no pun intended).
2. Walking on ground would leave a lunar-glass like trail, which would shatter after 3 seconds, dealing 53 - 152 points of damage based on the phase of the moon. The player however can also walk on water, causing a trail which lasts for the same amount of time as the ground counterpart. Standing still however will NOT generate new trails, so better get on walking or end up drowning!
3. Summon an eye of the storm as a hurricane at the cost of either hunger or health. Such a special ability would clear out an entire area with ease (rocks, structures, trees, basically anything that can be broken) whilst also dropping ALL the resources. (basically act like a deconstruction staff). This ability however, can only be used during rain / thunderstorms or full moon and has a 3 days cooldown.
4. Call a beam of celestial light upon an enemy to instantly kill them (only works on the ground, if used in the caves, it would cause a vitreoasis to spawn, whilst also triggering an earthquake). The ability can be used on any mobs / bosses and even players (if you really want to ruin the experience of others). When used, a beam of light would slowly circle the player, seeking for anything in a 3 tiles radius. If the player gets close to a hostile mob, the light would target the entity, and begin encasing them in lunar rock. If used on small mobs then destroying them would drop around 3 - 5 moon rocks // if used on bosses however, mining them would drop around 15 - 22 moon rocks + their respective loot table (the % remain unchanged)
5. Become a gestalt yourself. An active ability that upon triggered, the player would turn into a gestalt, shifting the game into a mirror-like sub-pocket universe (upon activation a new world will be generated, the old one will not be destroyed, but neither accessible until the player finishes their quest). One's goal would be to defeat the big baddies one more, and try to assemble a lunar mirror, which can only be activated near the lunar altar. Once exiting the mirror world, the mirror will shatter and remain unusable. Whilst in gestalt form: the player only has 50 hp, no sanity / enlightenment but a 50 hunger (buffed characters will get these stats altered as well). After completing your mirror quest, the player achieves true balance, with the ability to shift into a gestalt and back to the normal form at any time. Benefits of being a gestalt: immunity towards were-creatures / moon corrupted mobs; +5 walking speed, a rechargeable one-hit shield (on a 23.9 seconds cooldown after the attack) and the ability to walk on the seas and the void in the caves. Weaknesses however: nightmare creatures will hurt 2x as much, and also instantly aggro on you if in close proximity. When shifting forms, any hostile mobs nearby will be frozen in moon rock, and the player will gain the "drowsy" effect for 5 seconds.
Looking forward to your replies on the whole thing!