• Announcements

    • JoeW

      UPDATED - Studio Note & Rhymes with Play Streams Temporarily Canceled.   03/06/2020

      UPDATE (3/19/20): Just a quick note regarding the team at Klei Entertainment. As noted previously, everybody at Klei Entertainment is working from home due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Many of us have been working especially hard to help maintain operations as we all move out of the office and into our homes and with everything being done online, extra time must be spent in organizing conversations and trying to maintain communication. As some of you may know, we have a very open office and we are almost always in contact with each other as we go about our days. Some of us work across multiple teams and that work has become a bit more challenging for everybody.   That being said, at this time the transition has not caused any major disruption in our operations, but it would be overly optimistic to expect that we won't have any delays at all. We're going to have to be especially mindful about this in the coming weeks and make sure we don't take on too much work so we can keep things running smoothly.  We will let you know as we see how these changes affect our timelines.  Thanks UPDATE (3/10/20):
      The test yesterday went well. We got the whole office (mostly) to work from home without significant issue. As a result, Klei Staff that can work from home have been asked to do so until further notice.  This means that we will have to cancel the Rhymes with Play stream until we are all back in the office. This shouldn't affect anything else at least in the short term, but if things change I will update you all here.  Original Post: Hey everybody,  This Tuesday March 10th, 2020 the entire staff at Klei will be working remotely for 1 day in an effort to prepare the studio to work remotely for a little while if the need arises.  Klei is already set up pretty well to allow for working remotely, however we are going to have a one day "dry run" with the whole studio so that we can identify and avoid any issues or downtime that may arise should choose to implement a work from home policy due to COVID-19 outbreak concerns. Unfortunately this does mean that we will be canceling the “Rhymes with Play” Art stream this coming Tuesday, however unless the situation changes we expect everything at the studio to be back to normal Wednesday and we’ll continue our regular stream schedule Thursday March 12th. If the situation changes at all, we'll let you know. Thanks for your understanding.
       

KPanda

  • Content count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About KPanda

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. @yoakenashi Thanks for the reply! I'll update the information above... I had thought there was a bug in the heat transfer, but it seems likely that it's working as intended (or at least according to the math on the page you linked). I went into debug mode and did some sim-stepping... and realized that the drywall was mucking with the test. I rebuilt the test without it and it's behaving more as expected (based on the math you linked me). The heat transfer with the new tests isn't as fast as before (it takes dozens of sim steps before the oil is heated enough to convert to petroleum, and it no longer flashes to sour gas (drywall)). I was going to try to replicate the math... but it happens over a lot of updates and the interactions are probably too complicated to reasonably do by hand. Eyeballing it, it seems like the first few sim updates are transferring about the amount of heat energy that would be expected. Regardless of whether this is intended or not, behaviorally I think it's odd or at least unclear based on the in-game tooltips. I'll update the bug accordingly!
  2. When liquids come into contact with abyssalite, it exchanges thermal energy. Based on the in-game information, it doesn't seem like it should be conductive. The fact that it does is somewhat confusing (it messed with my mental model of the game! ) To reproduce: 1. Create a chunk of hot abyssalite (say 1697K) and surround it in a vacuum box. 2. Drop some crude oil on it. 3. Note that the crude oil changes to petroleum.
  3. Possibly, but the number of germs basically caps out and oscillates between 89,902,425 and 89,998,161... essentially germs are being added one update and then removed the next... which seems incorrect.
  4. @Ipsquiggle - uploaded! Please let me know if I you need anything else! (In the savegame, the bins are just down and to the left of the printing pod) As an additional note, I added a third bin next to the first two... then copied the settings from the leftmost bin and am now seeing the germs growing rather quickly (about 5 million right now and the change rate is increasing). This might be working as intended, but it just looks a bit odd. And... the bug reproed on the third bin at about 6 million or so germs. The change rate is flipping positive to negative now every update.
  5. I have a fairly standard storage bin for slime, I've been excavating out a swamp biome. The slime has accumulated a lot of germs, when I went to look at the slime in the container... The rate of change is positive when it should be negative (due to being overpopulated). The next update it flips to this: Which looks correct. Edit: Attached savegame! The Rustic Facility Cycle 115.sav