Please choose a category
Game doesn't start
Linux (Kubuntu 18.04.2)
Do you use mods?
Unknown - game won't start
Don't starve won't launch on Linux (Ubuntu)
Steps to reproduce
1) Open steam
2) Launch game from Steam (Select Don't Starve in Libary and click Play icon)
Describe your issue
*Type a detailled description what the bug is and how/when it happens:
On Linux through Steam, Don't Starve won't launch.
1) Library -> Don't Starve -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of game files
2) Uninstalling and reinstalling
3) creating a new "Steam Library Folder" and installing to the new folder.
4) deleting ~/.klei and relaunching. No new donotstarve directory or logfile created on relaunch.
5) running ./dontstarve from command line in install directory. This returned error that 'libcurl-gnutls.so.4' could not be found.
6) Attempted adding installing packages via "apt-get install libcurl4-gnutls-dev:i386 libgcc1 screen" per thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/2/41973820401347178/
This got past the missing libcurl-gnutls.so.4 file error, but the game still won't open or produce a startup log.
Searching Steam's forums, 4 other users reporting same issue on Linux (ubuntu based) since last update: https://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/2/1768133742960620786/
Today was the first time I've attempted to start the game in several months, so I cannot personally confirm the issue is related to last update.
I cannot locate a '~/.klei/DoNotStarve/log.txt' file or a '.mdmp' in my bin directory