Players cant join while host in cave or enter cave in host world.

Pinkrose
  • Fixed

Tried this several different ways.

I had a friend try to enter the cave in my world before and after me, but each time he would get an error and have to login again. This was also like this in the beta, but after an update I thought it was fixed.

Also I tried going in caves alone and then inviting him, but the invite button disappears.

This is bad lol I need help with the ruins >.<

Steps to Reproduce
Try having someone enter a private hosts cave.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

My friends and I are also having this issue. Once the host leaves at any point either from quitting and saving or if he just closes the game or turns off his system then this will happen. It's happened on day one but mainly we get into a longer game and after we quit for the night we return to find that only the host can enter the caves and everyone else gets a error of"unable to establish network connection" and then if you try to rejoin without closing the app the ps4 will blue screen and you will have to restart the app. If you are in the cave and the host quits and you try to restart the game then the person that was in the cave for the save won't even be able to join the game at all not just the caves. This is a major problem seeing as the caves are a big part of the game. Hopefully they can figure out how to fix it soon because we don't want to do a super long run if we cant use the caves ever and we don't know if a fix would repair old saves or just prevent the issue for new games.

• Like 1

Share this comment

My friends and I are having the same problem with DST on PS4. Only the host can go in the caves after rejoining a game. If you were in a cave when you logged out you will not be able to log back in the hosted game. We have had to restart many games and this issue keeps occurring. This is making the caves portion of the game unplayable. If this isn't fixed soon I worry that the other players will loose interest in this game.  

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hi Guys, thanks for reporting this issue. I'd like to get a bit more information to help me track it down.

- Does this happen while you're playing a game (at first you can go into the caves, then later in the same session you can't anymore), or only after shutting down and restarting a server

- Does this still happen after rebooting your PS4 and restarting the server

- Once the problem starts are all users (except the host) - even new ones who have not played on the server before - blocked from the caves?

- Are there times when even the host can't get to the caves anymore?

We've never been able to reproduce this problem here so it would also be helpful to get some save files for servers where this is happening. The FAQ describes how to zip up your saved game.

Once you have that just attach it to this issue rather than using the other methods mentioned in the FAQ.

Thanks

• Like 2

Share this comment

It only happens after the host leaves and then restarts the game. If you are in the game at the start and it hasn't happened yet then it works fine until the host leaves and then after that nobody can enter the caves but the host without the error occurring. The host always seems to be able to enter even when it's glitched for everyone else. It even seems like the caves are resetting for the host every time he goes into them after the glitch occurs. The last time it happened our host tried going back into the caves and he could but it was a different cave than the one he went into before the error.

if you restart the app and the host does as well and you rejoin that same glitched game you still can't go into the caves. If the host starts a new game after the glitch happens without closing the app then in the new game on day one the caves will be glitched and only the host can enter. The only way to make it not happen is to start a game and not leave ever because once the host does the caves won't work again. We are normally playing on endless and maybe a few particular settings changed but idk if that could be causing problems.

we had people join that were not in the game at the time of the error and they also cannot enter the cave without the error occurring.

we have no saved game files I can find as just a player not the host. Also my friend who was hosting is saying that you aren't able to copy the save on ps4 so I don't know how we can get it to you but if you guys just hook up two ps4s and go online and try to make it happen I'd think you'd b able to figure it out. We can't make it not happen no matter how hard we try so hopefully you can make it happen.

Share this comment

I have the same issue, i cannot go into the caves on my friends hosted server,i get a network error, then a game crash. I was able to enter the caves early in the game but now its a crash's everytime, network error cannot connect to server, then loads to main menu, then full game crash when i try to rejoin sever. I must resart game to join server again, and i'm still not able to enter caves.Host has had no problem entering caves. Do you want host save file or guest save file,or both?

Edited by Barstyle
Incomplete
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Same happening here and i have emailed and asked about sending my files but do you want adventure journal or saved game flies because you can't copy the saved game flies.

- Does this happen while you're playing a game (at first you can go into the caves, then later in the same session you can't anymore), or only after shutting down and restarting a server  Only once  did it do it in a completely new game every other time was after logging out.

- Does this still happen after rebooting your PS4 and restarting the server  Yes

Once the problem starts are all users (except the host) - even new ones who have not played on the server before - blocked from the caves? Yes once the problem starts all are blocked from the caves but the host and if someone was in the caves when i logged out they can never rejoin that world again.

Are there times when even the host can't get to the caves anymore? So far no however in the newest game the cave level completely reset and changed the next time i logged in

Edited by hardin002
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Restarting the ps4, or dst doesn't help the problem for us. Also Ive seen a sinkhole work as a wormhole instead of a cave.

There will be the loading screen like its loading a cave world, but you jump out a different sinkhole. 

Edited by Pinkrose
Addition
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Thanks to everyone for the replies. After a lot of trying we still haven't been able to reproduce this so your save files are potentially really helpful. We're looking for the host's save files, not the client's. They show up as the "Adventure Journal" in the DST part of the saved data management UI.

Here are the steps to get the save file off your PS4 and onto your PC. I've tested that they work on one of our retail kits.

• Plug a USB drive into the PS4 (Fat32 or exFat only, NTFS does not work)
  • Go to Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Copy to USB Storage Device -> Don't Starve Together -> Select All -> Copy
  • After that finishes, unplug the USB drive from the PS4 and plug it onto your PC
  • Find the "PS4" directory and zip it up with all subdirectories (Windows: Right Click > Send To > Compressed Folder. Mac: Righ-click or Ctrl-Click > Compress "PS4")
  • Add a new comment to this thread (mention which save slot has the problem server) and attach the save file
  • Like 1

Share this comment

I am attaching the save files- slot 2 (day 3 ) and slot 5 (day 62) are the two that have problems. I didn't try entering the caves with friends in the other files. 

dst file.zip

• Like 1

Share this comment

Every save but #3 has the issue. Also i have started 2 different survival games where i have quit them in many different ways and not had the cave issue so it seems like its only happening in endless for me. 

PS4.zip

• Like 2

Share this comment

2 hours ago, hardin002 said:

Every save but #3 has the issue. Also i have started 2 different survival games where i have quit them in many different ways and not had the cave issue so it seems like its only happening in endless for me. 

PS4.zip

I usually play in endless, after reading your post I tried survival mode instead and had a friend try and enter a cave on day 1. It still kicks him off. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

Just throwing my name into the hat as well. I've also been having this issue since the DST beta over the summer.

As others have mentioned, my friend and I can enter a sinkhole upon a newly created world that we start together but the moment that I disconnect from the server (I'm usually hosting) and fire it up again and invite my friend, she can no longer enter the sinkhole without the game booting her to the main menu. We've tested with her hosting a world and it's the same on my end.

I usually stream when we play together and captured the issue happening many times over the past couple months. If it helps any, here is a video demonstrating myself joining her game and attempting to enter the sinkhole (the clip begins at 46:56):

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hey there Paul,

No need to send us the files. Our team has been looking into this and may have found a potential fix. We are currently testing this and if everything goes well – it could be included in an upcoming patch for the game.

In the meantime, please do not overwrite or delete that server file – as the potential fix may resolve the caves issue for that server.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this Paul; from your friends at Klei,

- Jan

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hi Everyone. It looks like I was beaten to the punch by hardin002 :)

I'm just finishing up the fix and it will be included in the next patch (1.04, not this morning's 1.03) which we will get out to you ASAP. In the meantime do hang on to your saved worlds if you're interested in keeping them. There isn't any problem with them and they should just work after the fix.

While investigating this I also fixed another issue which prevented you from sending invitations when you're in the caves. This fix will also be in the next patch.

Thanks for your help and patience with this!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Is anyone else still having problems with their caves in old saves? I will try a new world, but the two worlds I had definitely arent working. Is there something we should do besides download the update?

Share this comment

Btw the day 3 save I had- I reset to the beginning of the day, and the caves worked on day 3 for us, but when we tried the caves later on day 19 it kicked him off again. 

Share this comment

Patch 1.04 with the fix is available now, just in time for the weekend :) 

Let me know if there's still a problem.

Share this comment

Hi, we have found that the problem still exists. The host enters the cave and then anyone else who tries to subsequently enter the cave gets kicked from the server. Hope this will get fixed soon.

Share this comment

Please confirm if this is a problem on an existing world or did you create a new one? To help the developers, I'd say test a new world gen after the patch & advise if it still persists? Thanks

Share this comment