Missing progress!

Ambam
  • Pending

Last night we played through defeating the Dragonfly and I got the achievement on PS4 for it. We beat it day 104-105, late winter. We continued playing through most of Spring. Now today when I go to play it only shows I'm at day 104, the last failed attempt at Dragonfly. It's as if ALL the progress we made on our last run never happened. That was my first time beating the boss and I just want to know if I can get that progress back or if it's now stuck at the day 104 failed attempt.
I don't understand why I'm all the way back to that day when we easily played 10 days after and saw the save animation each day. 

Steps to Reproduce

I have no idea. I just played as I normally do. We went back and played day 104 again, succeeded in beating dragonfly, and continued playing for a few hours after... and all of it is just gone. I disconnected the proper way when we were at a good place to save, no errors or anything. 

User Feedback

.... ....

As I asked in the thread:
Do you remember seeing the autosave indicator (gears turning at the bottom right corner of the screen) at daybreak of any of the days after the victory, or when you shut down? 

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

5 hours ago, CharlesB said:

As I asked in the thread:
Do you remember seeing the autosave indicator (gears turning at the bottom right corner of the screen) at daybreak of any of the days after the victory, or when you shut down? 

Yes on my case I saw it, every daybreak

Share this comment

How long have you been playing, and are these instances the first time that it's happened to you?
It's strange and unfortunate that it's happening to you, and not something that I've ever seen happen or been able to reproduce here.

@00lass00 @Ambam

We're going to have to try some experiments with you to maybe narrow down what is going wrong. First off, is there any chance that you're using PSN cloud save and accidentally restored a backup? Probably not, but worth asking in case.

So, taking it from the top. Does this happen every time you play/save/shutdown/start up again? Or only on these two occasions?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

what I’m witnessing this week, the game doesn’t save the day we’re leaving, for example: it’s the afternoon of the day 10, and I disconnect from the game, when I open it again I’m at the beginning of the day 10 ... I've seen it happen quite often

And the crashes when saving the day have decreased, but they still happen!

Share this comment

I just logged in today and i lost about 25-30 days of progress. I am on ps4. I always wait for it to save and a couple days ago my save was fine. Today it was a large rollback on the day i was on.

Share this comment

For those that are losing a lot of progress, can you tell me which of the following is happening to you. (The numbers I'm choosing are just examples, you can fill in with your particulars.)

1. Start playing on day 50. Play 50 days non-stop to day 100. Disconnect from server. Some time later restart game and find that it's back on day 50

2. Start on day 50. Play 10 days, disconnect from server. Some time later play another 10 days, quit again, repeat until day 100. Come back and find you're back at day 50.

Another bit that might be important is whether you're shutting the game/ps4 down completely between sessions, or only leaving the game suspended in sleep mode.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hi so today i Been spaming new maps to Try find a good one with sertain set pices, i finale found one. But when i returner to dont starve together 1 houer later, i can only find old maps and saves i players for 18 days(ingame) on the one i wanted. But now only have two maps i trashed and on day 6 Even when i usualy explor to day 8 before trashing them. Also two days ago i stayed up late playing a map from day 40 to 80, the nexst day it was on day 40 again like i didnt Even play. The staving icon showed up for both situations, the last map i Even rolled back two times with no issues. What can i do? Anyone els had this issu latly? Btw ps4 pro platform (sorry for typos on my phone also) ps not saving to cloud

• Sad 1

Share this comment