Game won’t load in on ps4 Oceania

ThatDudeBacon
  • Category: General
    Fixed

Ever Since the new update the game wouldn’t let me load into online 

Steps to Reproduce
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
On 4/20/2019 at 7:31 AM, mzajy said:

Yesterday I was able to login without having any trouble. 

Today I wasn’t able to login, instead I’m having issues logging into the game with pop up text “Checking the weather”! 

image.jpg

Today.. 

image.jpg

Share this comment

10 minutes after sending the above image, we were able to login for the first time in two weeks. I restarted DST and my housemate joined me. We were going to play offline but she accidentally attempted to login and I noticed it went to 'reporting the weather', it then continued and logged her in. I went to shop and it allowed me to login too. Previously, her account has also gotten stuck at 'gathering supplies'.

Now, attempting to login this morning, it is getting stuck at 'Gathering Supplies'. 

Share this comment

I'm from italy and it says "checking the weather" and doesn't let me login, but all my friends don't have any issue.

Share this comment

Edit: 24 minutes later and i cant log in. Closed and re-opened to try again, but now it gets to "Packing for the journey" before telling me i need playstation plus. Which i have and can access just fine.

So i've been unable to play since friday. We were stuck at the login until about an hour ago, but we finally got passed that by completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Now we get to where we can resume our world, but it never lets us. We get the "server failed to start" error. Im attaching screenshots of the original error, the Klei ID, and the current error. At some point it also said i didnt have playstation plus, which i do, but that part seems to be fixed now.

I live in FL, USA so its a US ps4. 

The world was hosted by me, and my girlfriend joined on a separate ps4 next to me, and my best friend in another state joined too. We played together fine on Thursday but haven't been able to since.

20190423_025622.jpg

20190423_024040.jpg

20190422_234655.jpg

15560045969024622312883393351881.jpg

Edited by ladydavia
Added more info and another screenshot

Share this comment

Same thing is happening with my account, on ps4 I get stuck on gathering supplies, but I can log in on another account just fine on the same ps4 but the main account always gets stuck. It seems to be specific to individual accounts.

Share this comment

ID: KU_MEQ0GIML

I have tried to play the game - typical login screen. Then i Logged out from ps4 and logged in again right away and the game works.

Haven't tried to repeat this log in/log out procedure to determine if it is the clue yet.

Share this comment

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know that today we put out patch 0.1.45 today on the PS4. While we hope this patch may bypass login connecting issues for some, we don't expect that it will fix it for everyone.

That being said we've added a new feature that optionally lets you skip attempting to load your inventory if your connection is taking too long, and should let you play without those items short term. If you opt to do this option, it will send us an even more detailed report log of what is going on with your game and connection automatically. This way anyone still affected after today's patch will be sending us even more info to help fix this issue.

We really appreciate everyone's patience and thanks to everyone who have taken the time to add their information here and provide detailed reports so we can fix this for everyone ASAP.

We will continue to monitor the issue, and we'd love to hear if this did or did not solve the issue for you.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, Corey said:

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know that today we put out patch 0.1.45 today on the PS4. While we hope this patch may bypass login connecting issues for some, we don't expect that it will fix it for everyone.

That being said we've added a new feature that optionally lets you skip attempting to load your inventory if your connection is taking too long, and should let you play without those items short term. If you opt to do this option, it will send us an even more detailed report log of what is going on with your game and connection automatically. This way anyone still affected after today's patch will be sending us even more info to help fix this issue.

We really appreciate everyone's patience and thanks to everyone who have taken the time to add their information here and provide detailed reports so we can fix this for everyone ASAP.

We will continue to monitor the issue, and we'd love to hear if this did or did not solve the issue for you.

It lets you log into the game now but if I attempt to add another person in the menu the game locks up, although the music still plays and the backgrounds still keep moving nothing can be interacted with, as in pressing anything on the controller does nothing. So you can't start a match or anything.

Edited by VikingMika
Spelling

Share this comment

I have had the same issues as above. From Melbourne Aust. But I have been able to go the back way by clicking offline as soon as the logging in came up. I start an offline game, log out and it comes back to menu and I can login in online and play spit screen. 

The game freezes if you wait a while to press offline.

I have a friend who has tried this as well but has not worked from him.

Share this comment

Now I can login but I can't find any server and I can't create games because it gets stuck launching server. So this update doesn't work for me either.

Share this comment

I'm stuck in the launching server screen,

actually, this problem started after the last update 1.45 , please fix it on ps4

250DB951-5DC1-4EC3-B212-4B92966C03EC.jpeg

Share this comment

On 4/27/2019 at 1:54 AM, Corey said:

Still, I can't log in instead the game let me skip the new loading text "Updating the shop" with "Inventory download failed" but the game wouldn't let me play anything after that, the public server is shown as 0 found, and I cannot launch my world nor join friends or start new one. And the daily gift bugged, it didn't show after the main menu start. 

+ After patch 1.45, the offline trick stopped working, when I launch my world or join a public server, I got infinite "launching server".

Thanks a lot guys for your hard work, not been able to play sucks, but cannot find a way to reproduce the issue sucks more! so please take your time with it and we here will help you with anything you need.

Edited by mzajy

Share this comment

ID: KU_MEQ0GIML

Getting the same "Inventory download failed". And if i continue without the collection game freezes on trying to add second local player.

Share this comment

We just put out 1.46 which fixes one bug in the login flow that might address some people's issues. If it doesn't, we've also added more diagnostics in the fail case which will continue to help us beat this bug. Please let us know what you're seeing on the latest!

• Like 1

Share this comment

41 minutes ago, justinliew said:

We just put out 1.46 which fixes one bug in the login flow that might address some people's issues. If it doesn't, we've also added more diagnostics in the fail case which will continue to help us beat this bug. Please let us know what you're seeing on the latest!

For me, I can login and play fine right now. 

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, mzajy said:

For me, I can login and play fine right now. 

Good to know! I know previous patches have fixed you for a time, so I'll keep holding my breath until it's more consistent.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

This is now closed for further comments