Game won’t load in on ps4 Oceania

ThatDudeBacon
  • Category: General
    Fixed

Ever Since the new update the game wouldn’t let me load into online 

Steps to Reproduce
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

The same on PS4, It’s keeps logging in forever and I can’t even play offline because the screen freezes on the loading screen

Share this comment

I’m having the same problem, there’s a picture of it in my thread. We can’t login, and the moment we try to load offline game (since we can only go offline), the game froze at loading page

Share this comment

On 4/6/2019 at 6:43 PM, 00lass00 said:

@justinliew this is where I am stuck. This is my klei ID KU_QyKzdZ4i .

20190406_115227.jpg

I'm also stuck here, I'm playing on PS4, Oceania server, PSN ID is yueshizhang.

Share this comment

Thanks for the photos to show us where the login issue occurs and your PlayStation Region. 

Please also include your Klei ID found in-game so we can check out more details: 

Go to the game’s main menu > click on OPTIONS > and choose MORE. At the bottom of the screen, you will find that your account ID looks like this: “KU_xXxXxxxxX”.

EDIT: 

As mzajy pointed out, many are getting the load error prior to the main menu so they can't access the above.

In this case you can get it from here: Klei Account.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

12 hours ago, Corey said:

Thanks for the photos to show us where the login issue occurs. Please also include your Klei ID found in-game so we can check out more details: 

Go to the game’s main menu > click on OPTIONS > and choose MORE. At the bottom of the screen, you will find that your account ID looks like this: “KU_xXxXxxxxX”.

The game will not load to see their KU, they need to login to Klei Account.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 11/04/2019 at 10:58 AM, Corey said:

Thanks for the photos to show us where the login issue occurs. Please also include your Klei ID found in-game so we can check out more details: 

My Klei ID is KU_ewRZxBI4

• Like 1

Share this comment

Just updating people here, we're still looking into this and appreciate the information.

We're still having trouble reliably recreating this issue but have been working with some players who are experiencing this to try and narrow it down.

In some cases switching accounts on the console solves the issue, but not for others. In other cases, logging in on a different machine (like a friend's) works and the affected account can now connect on new hardware (or in a different region.) But again, not for everyone. 

We're going to be implementing some additional unique back-end tracking for each stage of the login connect process so that we're better able to narrow down where exactly the login is failing for certain people, and if it's even the same spot for everyone. Due to the limited number of people reporting this, it has been difficult to diagnose on our end, but rest assured this is indeed a confirmed issue and something we are actively trying to resolve.

For now, if you're having this problem please provide the following if possible.

1) A photo (even cellphone photo) of the whole screen where you are seeing the forever "Connecting..." message. Try to make the photo as clear as possible so we can see the whole screen and read all the onscreen text.

2) Your PSN Region / Location this will help us identify any geographic patterns to the error.

3) Your KU ID - You can get that online here: https://accounts.klei.com/login and the ID looks like this: “KU_xXxXxxxxX”.

Thanks for your patience and help, keep an eye here for updates as we have new information or requests on how you can help us track this bug down.

• Thanks 3

Share this comment

Hi,

Previously I also facing the same issue but somehow I manage to logged in by accident without knowing the reason behind. Tested multiple times and it always worked.

I am living in Singapore and my PS4 got 3 accounts. 2 accounts are under Singapore region and 1 account under US region. The US account is the one I purchased and installed the game. I usually play split screen co-ops with my girlfriend.

1. Log into any one account and select power -> switch user until all 3 accounts logged in under one game controller.

2. Switch to one of the Singapore account and log off.

3. Press the PS button on the controller again and go back to the US account. Execute the DST and it will be logged in as usual.

-all 3 accounts must be logged in to get this method worked.

-the account to execute DST has to be my US account.

-if player 2 of split screen try to reactivate the account which I logged off previously and join game. DST will prompt the error message “PlayStation not signed in ......”

-seems like it doesn’t matter whether the account logged off is having PS plus or not.

I am not sure why it works so I just gave all the details. Hope it helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

PS4 update 1.43 is live. It's important to note that this is NOT a fix for the logging in issue, however; this build will hopefully help us get more insight into what is actually going wrong, since we currently cannot reproduce this on any of our machines within our studio, even when using specific region accounts or VPNs. 

We are asking two things from players who are still getting the hang:

- Send us a NEW screenshot, or tell us *exactly* what the "Connecting" popup text says when it's hung. We have added unique loading text to this pop up that will tell us where in the process it's failing. A picture is preferred if possible. 

- Let it sit for five minutes. Within that time the game should notice that it is stuck and automatically call home with some diagnostic info for us.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Corey said:

PS4 update 1.43 is live. It's important to note that this is NOT a fix for the logging in issue, however; this build will hopefully help us get more insight into what is actually going wrong, since we currently cannot reproduce this on any of our machines within our studio, even when using specific region accounts or VPNs. 

We are asking two things from players who are still getting the hang:

- Send us a NEW screenshot, or tell us *exactly* what the "Connecting" popup text says when it's hung. We have added unique loading text to this pop up that will tell us where in the process it's failing. A picture is preferred if possible. 

- Let it sit for five minutes. Within that time the game should notice that it is stuck and automatically call home with some diagnostic info for us.

Hmm, I think you guys somehow fixed it? because it's working for me! no logging issue! nothing! everything works fine.

Edited by mzajy

Share this comment

Not working over on my parts of the world. I am in Melbourne, Australia. 

The text prompt I am getting is "gathering supplies"

I will note that this started after the Wortox update. Before then I was able to play just fine here.

-- Thanks --

IMG_20190419_114913977.jpg

Share this comment

Klei ID KU_7veFK_lu

We are in Sydney Australia.

The work around to play online still works for us in split screen, but not every time.

This started with the Wortox update and is now “gathering supplies” also.

BA8CDB02-FB59-422C-BBE8-C7C1E90B0BB4.jpeg

Share this comment

Yesterday I was able to login without having any trouble. 

Today I wasn’t able to login, instead I’m having issues logging into the game with pop up text “Checking the weather”! 

image.jpg

Share this comment

Yesterday was my son's birthday. I saw him play the shipwreck on android. So i decided to buy dont starve together on ps4. Hope i and him gonna have a great time. But it stuck on Gathering supplies and weather... we are so sad now. There is no miracle, it's lòading forever.

My PSN Us, country: Viet Nam

20190420_162041.jpg

20190420_165248.jpg

• Sad 3

Share this comment

Klei User: KU_qaTCHJrq

- Tried uninstalling/reinstalling

- Tried multiple PSN logins on the same PS4, a US PSN account and an Australian PSN account

Don't Starve Together_ Console Edition_20190421095801.jpg

Edited by LionelHutz

Share this comment

Presently able to load an offline world sometimes, but can't log in. 
Located in Sydney, Australia. 

KLEI USER ID
KU_opnrqxEs

20190421_190140.jpg

Share this comment

This is now closed for further comments