Connection issue

Jovaow
  • Fixed

Cannot connect to server when playing splitscreen. Able to connect when playing solo.was able to play splitscreen before the update but since have not.

Steps to Reproduce
Try to play splitscreen on ps4

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hi Jovaow. Can you try again? We were having some issues with our servers earlier (both Steam and PS4) but these have been resolved.

Share this comment

Tried again same thing just stays saying connecting. I've done everything on my end. Rebooted ps4 the modem no change.

Share this comment

Hi, I have same problem. Game does not connect in split screen mode but work perfectly fine with just one player. Something with recent update?

Share this comment

Are you starting a new world or continuing an existing one? Are you playing in Online or Offline mode? Are both players using PSN accounts?

Share this comment

Offline mode, only one player is logged into PSN, second is just local account, worked previously like a charm. Problem occurs both with existing and new worlds. Problem started just after installing 1.05 update.

Edited by Miniu

Share this comment

Same exact problem, 1st player is logged into psn, 2nd player is not on a psn acct. Stays on the connecting screen forever when trying to log into new and old save files.

problems started with the 1.05 update

Edited by Wuufus

Share this comment

Let me guess: update is not allowing second player unless logged into PSN. Are you able to check that on your accounts?

Edited by Miniu

Share this comment

Thanks, the second player being a non-psn account was the key.

I'm working on a fix and we'll push out a new patch asap. I'm sorry we didn't catch this before it went out to you. In the meantime you could create a second psn account (non-plus) to continue playing split screen games. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Just a warning that this will also happen if the second player is using a PSN account that is signed out of PSN. 

Share this comment

I'm having the same problem after the update. Won't connect with two people on a private offline world. Works fine with one player. 

Share this comment

Haven't played in about a week, but this issue just started today after the patch was applied today. Can't play local split screen with one player being on PSN and the other being a non PSN local account. 

Share this comment

Hi, just updated my copy of Don't Starve Together on PS4 to 1.05 and I cannot play local split screen at all, it freezes at the connecting screen and goes no further, any idea how to fix this issue? Tried restarting the PS4, reinstalling the game, nothing works. Any ideas?

Share this comment

Hubby and I were depressed with connection issues---game was on day 52 yesterday so think it was the last update. Same issues everyone states here. So we need to make him a PSN account on my PS4? We'll go ahead and try that. We're both hooked on this game especially since we can play together now. 

Using two controllers on the PS4 seems to have gotten much more complicated than yester consoles...  lol 

Share this comment

Hi everyone. The patch has already been submitted to Sony and is going through their QA process. The best I can say about the timing is "soon".

Share this comment

16 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Hi everyone. The patch has already been submitted to Sony and is going through their QA process. The best I can say about the timing is "soon".

Thank you for the update! :)

Share this comment

Today hasn't been a good day for the internet. Both PSN and our own servers were suffering issues since early this morning. Thankfully most of the problems seem to have been resolved at this point. Can you try again now (or later today) and confirm that it's still happening to you?

Share this comment