brooklinnbridge
  • Fixed

When you are too close to a wall and are being attacked by hounds, you end up attacking the walls and destroying them instead of the hounds. Also if you place the science machine next to a wall, you only get the option to attack the wall instead of opening your present.

Steps to Reproduce
Stand next to a stone wall with a tool in hand.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This is a problem that happens in the PC version too... Don't know if it's a bug so much as a target issue though.

Share this comment

I didn't have an issue with the hounds, I would even target the hound if it was on the other side of the wall.

A few things to note though: Your character is expected to be facing the hound in order for it to be selected as a combat target. If attack is held down attack after the hound is dead, you may attack the wall.

As for the opening of a present, yep, this needs some work and we will probably need to address it on the PC version too.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I've encountered the attacking walls issue as well. I don't remember being able to damage a wall with anything but a hammer in other versions (PC). Suddenly my axe or spear attacking a wall will knock it down (or even my fist if I forget to equip a weapon). Maybe I haven't been paying attention in the past, but this is the first time I can remember being able to target a wall with an attack without the hammer.

Share this comment

Now I know you can attack them in DST on the pc. I usually have force and normal attack as the same button so I think sometimes I just end up targeting the walls.

Share this comment

I must not have my keyboard configured the same way. This is the first time ever I have attacked the walls with anything but a hammer. Weird!!

• Like 1

Share this comment