Some Invincible Burnt Trees?

whogoesrawr
  • Pending

I burned down a small forest of evergreens near base to harvest charcoal. When chopping down the burnt trees, a few of them became inactive, and could not be cut. In the video, I tried switching between two axes, but it didn't solve the issue. I also waited until the next day, increased my sanity back up, and tried to chop the burnt tree without success. I didn't try using a shovel (I don't even know if it's possible to dig up a burnt tree).

I hopped into the same world server (wilderness, offline, 2 player max) as a new character after and found that the burnt trees erased themselves off the base.

Steps to Reproduce
Plant a small remote forest of evergreens, burn them down, cut and harvest all the trees.

User Feedback

I had a simular problem but with A Bertch Tree Guard. Two of them spawned and I wasn't able to fight them. When I went back later to chop more wood one of them was still there. So I decided to tortch it and it suddenly disappeared. It didn't leave anything behind like it wasn't even there to begin with. I tried to save a video but I was unable to.

Share this comment

You can still use a explosive to cut them down but that option is expensive so try to get a friend try to help you cut it down

Edited by BUTTERSKY11
I didn't like my wording 5 years later
  • Like 1

Share this comment

On 8/8/2016 at 8:15 PM, BUTTERSKY11 said:

you can use a explosive to cut them down but that is expensive so try to get a friend try to help you cut it down

I usually tag team with my friends to take out Bertch Tree Guards. But I had two ware pigs on my and the other player was Woodie and dealing with his Wood needs. ( But that is a good idea on how to beat them! Will have to try that out. )

The problem I had though was that when they had despond one of them stayed. It was vary wierd cause it didn't attack or animation. So I was just going to burn it. Right when I did the light animation it disappeared, leaving nothing behind.

Share this comment