Penguins and Hounds/ Ice sound affects

ChibiLuka
  • Pending

I was on a Klei server in winter when hounds were bane. I went to the penguins since it was late and my base was near pigs. The hounds attacked and I got them to fight the penguins and things were going just fine till dead of night hit. The hounds would attack the penguins and they would wake up but not attack back. They would either get stuck in thier battle cry or spin around. One hound took out almost a whole penguin pack until day hit. Then they acted normally and took care or the hound. 

Another thing I noticed was that when mining the ice near thepenguins the sound affects got REALLY muffled. The sound of the pick axe breaking while mining ice would be muffled too.

Steps to Reproduce
Go to the penguins and have the hounds attack them in the dead of night. Mine ice in the winter.

User Feedback

I had a similar issue with werepigs.  I didn't notice the sound issue, but the werepig was able to take out the penguins one at a time when they were asleep.  Not sure if its a bug that they remain sleeping, or whether the colony/rookery/waddle (a group of penguins on land) is supposed to wake up when any one of them is attacked.

• Like 1

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Foofah said:

I had a similar issue with werepigs.  I didn't notice the sound issue, but the werepig was able to take out the penguins one at a time when they were asleep.  Not sure if its a bug that they remain sleeping, or whether the colony/rookery/waddle (a group of penguins on land) is supposed to wake up when any one of them is attacked.

I will have to play the pc version again to be 100% sure it wasn't changed; but I've died before for accidentally attacking them in the dead of night. I've also used this technique with hounds in the past. 

Share this comment

On 8/10/2016 at 1:08 AM, ChibiLuka said:

I will have to play the pc version again to be 100% sure it wasn't changed; but I've died before for accidentally attacking them in the dead of night. I've also used this technique with hounds in the past. 

Played the pc version and had hounds attack the penguls at night and the penguls do attack anything that harms them at night.

Share this comment