Sign in to follow this  

[Updated] Rocket range pre-launch check is incorrect

RuiPalhas
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Update: Based on the comments to my original report, it seems the range calculation at departure time is indeed correct. What isn't correct however is the pre-departure check (see the last image below) which says the range has enough fuel for a one way trip but this is clearly wrong as the rocket gets stranded.

It looks like the pre-launch check is still calculating the range the old way.

Original report:

The range calculation for the rockets seem to be wrong since the update that added the fuel consumption at take off.

As you can see from the screenshots attached, while on land the rocket has 180 kg of fuel and says it has a range of 4 tiles. However, immediately after launching the rocket, the range drops to 2 tiles (fuel remaining is only 135kg) and this particular rocket will get stranded one tile away from the destination.

It looks like the range calculation doesn't take into account the fuel burned at take off, hence it says it has enough range when in fact it doesn't...

Oxygen Not Included 23_09_2021 19_10_58.png

Oxygen Not Included 23_09_2021 19_12_34.png

Oxygen Not Included 23_09_2021 19_11_30.png

Steps to Reproduce

Fill up a rocket with just enough fuel for say 4 tiles travel then launch that rocket and watch it become out of range of the destination.

You can also load the save attached, go to HydrAvalin and launch the rocket there (Saturn Li)

Serene Crashpad Cycle 1853.sav

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

If it gets stranded 1 tile away from destination, that would be correct according to the calculation when launched

1.thumb.jpg.5a8fff4e0ae3dbd6c789416cefc46082.jpg

If it gets stranded on hex (3) then yes, calculations are wrong

Isn't that how distance is calculated, now that launching and landing takes fuel?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

If it gets stranded 1 tile away from destination, that would be correct according to the calculation when launched

1.thumb.jpg.5a8fff4e0ae3dbd6c789416cefc46082.jpg

Ah yes, you're right! And it does get stranded on number 4...

In that case the problem only lies in the pre-launch check which says it has enough range to reach destination (last screenshot on my post above) - it must still be considering the old way of calculating! I'll edit my report above to mention this

Oxygen Not Included 23_09_2021 23_04_54.png

• Like 1

Share this comment