Dupes Delivering Non-Sweep Liquids to Sweep Only Bottle Emptier

Moondrake
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

For quite some time I've been having my reservoirs of Polluted Water getting infested with germs even though my bottle emptier was set to Sweep Only and I had not marked any bottles with germs in them to be swept. I couldn't figure out what was causing this to happen but I've finally seen it occuring on several occasions and the circumstances were consistent.

Steps to Reproduce

This has to do with a duplicant picking up a bottle of liquid marked for sweeping and taking it to a Bottle Emptier marked Sweep Only. If that duplicant's errand to deliver the liquid to the Bottle Emptier is interrupted for some reason (catching breath, schedule change, etc.) another duplicant will suddenly complete the task with whatever bottle seems to be near at hand, regardless of whether that bottle is marked for sweeping. I saved a game in the midst of this screw-up but when I reloaded the game the second duplicant's errand queue was cleared and it was no longer attempting to deliver the incorrect bottle to the Bottle Emptier.

I've attached the save file made when the screw-up was occurring. Unfortunately, Ashkan's errand queue was empty when I reloaded the save, so I don't know if it will do you any good. Mi-Ma was delivering a bottle of Polluted Water marked for sweeping in the lower left of my base when she ran out of air and dropped it. I flagged the dropped bottle for sweeping again and noticed Ashkan heading for the bathroom. I looked at his errand queue and saw that he was heading to the bottle of Polluted Water in my bathroom (which is germy and NOT marked for sweeping) with the errand of delivering it to the Bottle Emptier. This particular save is for the test branch of the DLC and it does have some mods loaded but I've experienced this errand error in all versions of the game, with or without the DLC and with or without mods.

Update: This issue also occurs with Sweep Only bins. It is easy to reproduce. Put down two small piles of the same material (or liquid) and a Bin (or Bottle Emptier) marked Sweep Only for that material (or liquid). Mark one of the piles for sweeping and when the duplicant picks it up, select the duplicant and and tell it to move to another location. This will interrupt the duplicant and they will drop the the material they are carrying. Now neither pile is selected for sweeping, yet another duplicant will run up, pick up one of the piles, and deliver it to the bin.

Smell-o-vision.sav Smell-o-vision.sav

User Feedback

Really... why should I bother to report this stuff? I discover a problem, search to see if it has been reported, work out a way to consistently reproduce it, take the time to document it, and it gets utterly ignored by Klei. I'm done.

Share this comment