Destroying block GrubGrub is pathing to causes it to freeze

UnderwearApp
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

If you deconstruct or dig a block that a grubgrub is pathing to before it hits it, it will freeze in a position and claim to be "unreachable".

I did this over a chasm where the grubgrub should have fallen. Once I rebuilt a tile there it was able to move again.

If I can reproduce it I will edit in a save.

Steps to Reproduce

Watch grubgrub pathing by clicking on one.

Destroy (dig/deconstruct) the block it is pathing to right before it gets there.

Grubgrub will be frozen until the block is rebuilt.

User Feedback

When the path is no longer valid the critter stops idle movement and will try again in 3-10 seconds on normal game speed. Freezing indefinitely is concerning though so please let me know if you see this behaviour again. I wasn't able to reproduce it with my testing.

Share this comment

20 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

When the path is no longer valid the critter stops idle movement and will try again in 3-10 seconds on normal game speed. Freezing indefinitely is concerning though so please let me know if you see this behaviour again. I wasn't able to reproduce it with my testing.

Thanks Eric. It had nowhere to go so it should have fallen. I was building a ladder up a "s-dig" and it pathed down a couple steps right as I dug the tile to put the ladder in. If I can reproduce I'll stop and save at that point.

Share this comment

The movement is determined by the head and is identical to other critters in the game. If it's freezing that would mean other creatures would exhibit this behaviour as well, which is certainly a possibility. If you could recreate the scenario and post a screenshot that might help narrow it down.

Note that the location of the Player.log file has changed, the output_log.txt file you uploaded is from the last time you played the base game and not the DLC.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment