Water sieve outputs clean and salt water

i_hate_chlorine
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I noticed some of my water intake buildings breaking and found salt water in what was supposed to be a clean water system. Tracked the source to my water sieve. It outputs mostly clean water but is pushing out salt water as well.

2019-07-25_1453.png

Steps to Reproduce
I was running out of clean water and turned on the water sieve. It had not been turned on for probably 50 cycles.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

Could there have been some in the pipes beforehand?

The sieve will only sieve polluted water.  Clean water and salt water get passed through without energy use or heat generation.

Share this comment

The sieve wont produce anything but convert pwater to clean water. The salt water has to have an origin somewhere else. Either a pump-pool was contaminated, or your dupes delivered saltwater to a bottle emptier set to all.

Share this comment

I have not checked if it is still working the same way since but can.

The water being pumped to it had been filtered previously and none of the polluted water being fed to it was salt water nor causing damage to other buildings using the polluted water before it went to the sieve. I checked all the pipes and confirmed there was no salt water in that system. I waited and watched the sieve and specifically saw the nodes of salt water exit the sieve.

It might just be a fluke since I didn't see it in any other forums and was not yet reported. I will see if I can reproduce now.

Share this comment