UnauthorizedAccessException

Neutronis
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

When launching the game, a black screen comes up and at the bottom it has Development Console  and under that is UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to path "C:\Users\Name\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\kplayerprefs.yaml" is denied.

I tried deleting the folder above, it didn't work, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling , and still get the same message.

Any advice?

Steps to Reproduce
when you first launch the game

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

Someone else reported this problem and in their case it was their antivirus which was causing the issue. They were using Bitdefender.

Share this comment

.... ....

Thanks .. I am using Bitdefender antivirus so that is most likely the issue. I shall try using a different antivirus and see if it works when I disable Bitdefender.

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, Neutronis said:

Thanks .. I am using Bitdefender antivirus so that is most likely the issue. I shall try using a different antivirus and see if it works when I disable Bitdefender.

If you run another antivirus you are most likely just going to run into the same problem. You should instead contact bitdefender's support and they will assist you with setting it to ignore ONI

Share this comment

I disabled Bitdefender and the game is working fine now, so it is definitely an issue with Bitdefender. Avast has no issues running the game.

Thank you to all who responded.

Share this comment