Playing from Steam, I started experiencing major lag which I assumed was related to the library update because other games like Graveyard Keeper were lagging for me, too. Even in small mode and with other settings enabled, I had issues.
Anyway, Steam support suggested I update my OS. I updated today from Mojave to Catalina (10.15.2), I'm on the newer MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), and now the game is unplayable due to graphics bugs.
I'm experiencing some strange lines and flickering appearing on my screen, it's kind of hard to describe.
- Lines are black/multi-color and distort the screen entirely
- Lines disappear when taking a screenshot or doing a screen recording
- Issue happens consistently every time I open, obscures buttons and moves/flickers with and without mouse movement
- Game is completely unplayable due to this
I tried so far:
- Rebooting, did make lines only appear on main screen instead of the Klei logo on launch
- Reinstalling, no effect
- Opening/closing Steam, no effect
- Tested other games, not seeing the same issue
I see some people have experienced this issue in the past but no responses.
Help??? I play daily right now, and I'm on break.
Some things I've discovered:
- Playing in windowed mode seems to eliminate the issue, but this isn't ideal
- Swapping from windowed back to full screen still displays the issue
- Using quicktime/screen recording to change the resolution temporarily worked, no longer working
- Tabbing out of the game in full screen causes the issue to return
- Going from windowed to full screen and back causes game to start lagging, requires restarting game
- Noting the issue is still exclusive to ONI, no other steam games do this still
1. Updated to OSX Catalina 2. Open game via Steam client 3. Flickering begins on main screen, after logo