Sign in to follow this  

Sparkle Streaker expiry causes crash

DefectiveNu
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

The exact circumstances for this seem a bit weird - the save I am uploading will have this happen near the end of the cycle.  The buff has already started before this save, though the display says its got a full cycle left (see my other bug report).  Saves I make closer to the expire time seem not to cause the crash.

test-clean.sav

Steps to Reproduce
load save let game run until sparkle streaking buff on Rowan expires (tooltip is wrong, it will expire with tooltip saying about 75s remaining)

This issue has been fixed in either a future version or updated in a previous version.

• Like 1
  Report Bug
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I'm seeing the error occur as well, though I don't know if it occurs every time the sparkle streaking buff expires.

The game log after the error occurs contains:

[14:14:53.792] [1] [ERROR] Otto Exception in: (Minion).SparkleStreaker.root.overjoyed.Exit
System.NullReferenceException: 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:GetComponentFastPath (System.Type,intptr)
  at UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent[KMonoBehaviour] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TracesExtesions.DeleteObject (UnityEngine.GameObject go) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Util.KDestroyGameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SparkleStreaker.<InitializeStates>m__1 (.Instance smi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StateMachine`4+GenericInstance[StateMachineType,StateMachineInstanceType,MasterType,DefType].ExecuteActions (.State state, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 actions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[14:14:53.797] [1] [INFO] Error occurred with mods active. Disabling all mods (unless dev mods active).
Exception in: (Minion).SparkleStreaker.root.overjoyed.Exit
System.NullReferenceException: 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:GetComponentFastPath (System.Type,intptr)
  at UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent[KMonoBehaviour] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TracesExtesions.DeleteObject (UnityEngine.GameObject go) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Util.KDestroyGameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SparkleStreaker.<InitializeStates>m__1 (.Instance smi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StateMachine`4+GenericInstance[StateMachineType,StateMachineInstanceType,MasterType,DefType].ExecuteActions (.State state, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 actions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

I've attached the full log, and the Autosave from a just before the error occurred. Otto is currently eating dinner, then will go to bed - the error happens while he is in bed (despite the sparkle streaking supposedly having 0.8 cycles remaining - is that supposed to be ended/cancelled by sleeping?).

I'm playing on Linux through Steam - Debian 10 "Buster", 64 bit.

Player.log

The Subterranean Burrow Cycle 333.sav

Edited by Dawnmist
Adding OS details

Share this comment

Same here, but not sure it's linked to the same buff. I know lots of my duplicants have the "ballon buddy" buff (note I think this buff is just ugly :P)

Here's my save :

Parthenope.sav

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

The sparkle overjoyed crash has been fixed and will go out in a patch soon.

@Gwido if your crash is not related to the sparkle one, would you mind posting a log file (ideally open a separate report, if it's not related :))

Thanks!

• Thanks 2

Share this comment