Sign in to follow this  

*Solved* Game Crashes When Allowing Oil Well To Run

tvance13
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Had this bug for a couple of weeks now, keep hoping it will get fixed with the updates but so far no luck. Once i load the save and it runs for about 7 seconds and then crashes every time. I had a crash before that did the same thing but loaded an earlier save point and built different things and got around it. Wanted to see if you guys had any ideas. The lines of code given by the crash reporter are posted below. Mostly just wondering if its something I can go back and not build or move or if im just stuck waiting for an update. 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

AttachableBuilding.OnCleanUp () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/AttachableBuilding.cs:151)
KMonoBehaviour.OnDestroy () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:230)

Thanks,

Tyler

Edit**

Started a new save on terra to wait for an update and sadly once I got to the midgame I got to another point where I load in and it crashes no matter what I change. I know this is a beta build and bugs are to be expected but this one seems pretty critical if it happened on both saves. The error description on the second save is posted below and I will update the post to include both saves.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

AttachableBuilding.OnCleanUp () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/AttachableBuilding.cs:151)
KMonoBehaviour.OnDestroy () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:230)

Edit***

After looking at other post and testing it on my saves it seems that allowing the oil well to run is causing the game to crash. Hopefully this is fixed soon. 

Edit****

The crash was dependent on the oil well melting down (thanks to the comment below) i was able to avoid the crash by cooling the oil wells. Sadly this one is on me noob mistake.

Happy Holidays,

Tyler

Steps to Reproduce

Load the save posted below and it should crash just the same.

Edit** Same with the second save

Grimy Paradise Start.png

Grimy Paradise Start.sav

Galaxy.png

Galaxy.sav

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Thanks for the response. I gave up and started a new playthrough on terra. Sadly I have the same error on that save at almost the exact same point in the game. Hope this gets fixed soon. 

Please move thread to ONI Spaced Out. I did not realize that there was a separate forum for the beta bugs. 

Share this comment

Towi looking at other post it seems this is a common error when letting an oil well remain enabled. Disabling the oil well allows for the game to run. Sucks cause you cant do much without petroleum but hopefully they will fix this soon.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

It crashes when an Oil Well melts but deconstructing them is fine. It's been fixed in development and will go out in the next update. Thanks for the report.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment