Please Make Downgrade Version of Power Plant

Calvin Valerian
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Because I'm so lazy and play ONI really lazily and that makes me happy.

Assume Power Plant room is a (Level 2) room which requires Power Control Station.

And to get a Power Control Station, I must research: JOBS >> ADVANCED RESEARCH >> POWER REGULATION >> INTERNAL COMBUSTION >>  ADVANCED POWER REGULATION

That's too much for a newbie like me to make it happen because it requires all primary research to be fulfilled and an additional 30 Novice Research points & 20 Advanced Research points. 

What I want is "the level 1" version of Power Plant comprise any type of battery + Manual Generator.

Call it "Manual Generator Room"

Steps to Reproduce
Do not rush while playing the game, there are two types of players in ONI: one is born gifted with ONI skills and another one born to play another type of game but finds ONI interesting.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

The power control station is a mid-late game building anyways, as it requires refined metal to operate. The room itself provides no innate bonus, it merely dictates what buildings the power control station can temporarily boost.

I also find that it's practically useless anyways, as it requires daily operation to apply the boost and the boost is time-based not usage-based (a coal gen that is idle for the entire day has wasted the effect).

I'd much rather see some sort of automated replacement that works on the amount of power generated, boosting output by 50% for 100kJ per kg of metal, and possibly only then a lower tier option that has a 25% boost for raw metal instead.

Share this comment