Sign in to follow this  

Now to some serious question - you have a memory leak.

Pavel yeeet
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

You have some serious memry leak inside your code. I am on cycle 600, and when i load the map mamry usage was about 2600 MB, after just TWO(2) cycles it rose up to 2800 and it's not stopping, i have it paused right now and it is over 3000 now. I mean, i know that as a company all you care is making money (that is why you're doing dlc after all) but this is literraly a torture now. 3070 now.

Steps to Reproduce

Play it with complex enough map, or with save file attached

• Sad Dupe 1
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

When the game is paused there are still calculations going on. The game is not stopped entirely. So its natural the ram usage is rising.  That does not mean, they have no memory issues at all, they sure have. But the behavior you are describing is normal for this game.

Share this comment

Not sure if it's a memory leak or just the way it is, but my current colony is at cycle 1507 and the game is consuming almost 8gb of RAM!

image.thumb.png.339591e94b724d396730b5643591cd78.png

It is also unfortunate that the game consumes so much CPU while it is paused in the background...

Share this comment

On 8/10/2020 at 6:41 AM, SharraShimada said:

When the game is paused there are still calculations going on. The game is not stopped entirely. So its natural the ram usage is rising.  That does not mean, they have no memory issues at all, they sure have. But the behavior you are describing is normal for this game.

I mean, i wouldn't have anything against it, if after few 10s of cycles it starts to lag so much, it is no longer playable. Haven't actually checked if it is due to memory as after I found that memory is leaking i closed the game.

Share this comment

Memory leak is when an application allocates memory and then "forgets" about it and it's never returned. Allocating memory is fine it's required for game objects and then garbage collector frees up unused objects' memory time to time. What would show a memory leak is a gradual increase in memory usage over a long time with the same map content.

Edited by staring_frog

Share this comment

I confirm this behavour on my PC (Linux steam on AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor with 16G of RAM), the RAM is filled by ONI and I hit oom.

When a game is running, loading is impossible, I need to quit for being able to restore another one.

Edited by montjoie

Share this comment