Sign in to follow this  

New Space Destinations and Planets: Wrong Cargo Categories

SakuraKoi
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

So, uncovering the space destinations as means to sample, well, samples, I saw that the contents of new ones are still a little odd, primarily their state and required cargo bay. Long Story short:

• Living Planet: Oxygen requires a Cargo Bay (i.e is Solid, same as the sole other resource: Aluminium) 100% sure it should be Gas and need a Gas Cargo Bay (on a side note, it should have also other resources)
  • Chlorine Planet: Chlorine requires a Cargo Bay (i.e Solid, same as the sole other resource: Bleach Stone) 100% sure it should be Gas and need a Gas Cargo Bay
  • Helium Giant: Apart from having no Helium, the Hydrogen requires a Liquid Cargo Bay (i.e is Liquid, same as the Water). Makes very little sense, to not to say none.
  • Oxidized Planet: Carbon Dioxide requires a Cargo Bay (i.e Solid, same as the sole other resource: Rust), let's just say I find that 78% odd
  • Oily Asteroid: Methane and Carbon Dioxide requires a Cargo Bay (i.e Solid while Crude Oil and Petroleum is Liquid), making them Gas would make much more sense imho
  • Salt Dwarf: Solid Carbon Dioxide

Red Dwarf having Liquid Methane can be easily claimed to be making sense but I might as well mention it.

Steps to Reproduce
1) Ctrl+F4 to unlock the named Space Destinations quickly 2) See that the material is labeled weirdly

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Have you send a cargo bay to the destinations? I´m not sure about oxygen or chlorine, but i know for sure, nat-gas comes in form of solid methane inside a cargo bay. 

Maybe oxygen comes as oxylite, chlorine as bleech stone, and other "gases" in solid frozen state?

Share this comment

50 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Have you send a cargo bay to the destinations? I´m not sure about oxygen or chlorine, but i know for sure, nat-gas comes in form of solid methane inside a cargo bay. 

Now I actually went into the Database.SpaceDestinationTypes (because testing would be a PITA) and actually saw that I forgot the Salty Dwarf (and never saw the other Salt Desert Planet). I can confirm that there is not Oxylite or double Bleach Stone. It is SolidOxygen and SolidChlorine.

And again, it is noteworthy that the states I listed do make little to no sense. I obviously did not list the Interstellar Ice/Ice Giant which has also frozen Gases because after all, those make sense.

Share this comment