NAN Food Supply

postit2000.ttv
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Food supply is listed as NAN even though I have over 800k kcal of food.

first pic shows glitch, second shows that i do have the food that it says i don't have

food.png

food2.png

Steps to Reproduce
dupe with a binge eating stress response acted out

User Feedback

I've had this one too, but with mushrooms. It fixed itself when the mushrooms decayed. I don't think it had anything to do with binge eating though, not sure what caused it.

Edit: I just had it happen again with Frost Buns, this time there was a binge eater going to town.

Edited by PaulV

Share this comment

I'm pretty sure you get NaN kcal once you basically break the amount of kcal the game can calculate and display.

That's why having a bunch of food basically spoil sometimes fixes it; it allows the game to be able to amount of food stores in the game again.

Spoiler

This also manifests as suddenly having negative kcal stores.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about. So please take what I say with a hint of salt...it adds more flavour, and gives you more time to feed the Gnaw more food.

Wait, what was I saying again? :wilson_ecstatic:

Share this comment

.... .... .... ....
11 hours ago, Ayka said:

This seems to be tied to Binge Eaters.

cant confirm that. currently playing on "easy" without stress response, and my dupes are at max 10% stress before nightfall. But the bug happens too.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

cant confirm that. currently playing on "easy" without stress response, and my dupes are at max 10% stress before nightfall. But the bug happens too.

Maybe it's a glitch with something in the food system that just happens to be triggered by binge eaters, but can also show up on its own? It would otherwise seem odd that several people report the glitch happening directly after a binge eating response

Share this comment