Meteor showers not spawning in vanilla game

adk4
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi, in my game I don't have any meteor showers.

I started game on ''breath of fresh air" update. Nothing meteor-related in logs. I attach logs and save file. I play on 'EmptyWorlds' mod ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1825146346 ). With this mod you can 'breach the surface' very soon. I breached the surface very soon, in first cycles. Could please fix my save?

Hypothesis on what might be wrong.

* I 'breached the space' very soon in the very first cycles. Top part of the world was probably not spawned at the time. Could it be that there is an assumption in the code that upon 'breaching space' top of the world is already spawned?

Starting Geotermal.sav

Steps to Reproduce

I reached top of the map after many many cycles. I don't know whats exactly caused no meteors.

User Feedback

if you use mod, then it can be cause off that

Yeah, or it could just expose game to not well tested edge-case condition - like 'breaching space' in first cycle. Because of this possibility I created this bug ticket.

Share this comment

Isn't it so that the code base in Spaced Out never launches meteors? I haven't seen them ever since I had spaced out installed.

Now that the code bases are merged, this could also be happening for the base game I think..

Share this comment

>Isn't it so that the code base in Spaced Out never launches meteors?

I am playing Vanilla, and in Vanilla meteors are supposed to be still there. But yeah, it could be a bug connected to merge.

Share this comment