Sign in to follow this  

Liquid Duplication when Drips Become Liquid Tiles with Another Liquid

nneko25
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

I can confirm that the bug exists in the base game (didn't test DLC).  The airflow tile to the left of the top vent is required. 

image.png.359c1c62474cdfc7b858547d0df5939c.png

Basically this tiny configuration gives a free 1.25kg/s geyser of any liquid you want, at the cost of running a pump full time.  @EricKlei and @klei.ruby, this bug is a massive exploit (we'll have fun with it while it lasts) and is probably more critical than steam deletion. :) Happy (bug) hunting. 

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

.... ....

I played around with this bug more to help you guys isolate what's going on.  No mesh tile or vent is required to trigger the bug.  I generated 12.4tons of supercoolant in a single cycle (a little over 20kg/s) with this contraption. 

image.thumb.png.208f8b4ac471f4ff1b19dee395a89490.png

The bug happens at the bottom of the beading supercoolant.  There are three tiles on that same level.  The left most tile has 60g of water, enough to force the water to flow right when it can.  It appears that there is a race condition for control of the middle tile.  

bug-capture.gif.2449311099675533ddfbaee263e86c13.gif

Here is the sequence of events, every 4 ticks (0.8 seconds)

1. Vacuum in middle tile
  2. 1/4 of water from left cell pushes into middle cell. 
  3. Water stays there for one tick, while the supercoolant drops down. 
  4. Duplication of exactly 1/8 of the liquid supercoolant to the right appears in the center tile. THIS IS THE BUG. 

So in this contraption, the beads fall around 132 kg.  The duplication occurs every 0.8s (4 ticks), netting 132/0.8 = 20.625 kg/s of free liquid.  I'm sure I can find ways to increase this rate. :) I hope this helps isolate the bug.  

For cross referencing purposes, here is the forum post relate to this. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Here is an exact configuration that results in duplication.  There are probably more, but this one is quite simple to force. 

Each of the 4 supercoolant tiles start with 100kg of liquid.  The water tiles are 30g each. 

1125332341_Screenshotfrom2021-05-0515-16-24.thumb.png.0d88264b23f225c701b7dfd6eddb3f88.png

Unpause the game and on the next tick exactly 12.5 kg of supercoolant appear in the right most water tile (having a water tile to the left where you can push the water is required, as well as having something different than what you wish to duplicate  in the vacuum tile above the right bit of supercoolant - which is why I use beads and not waterfalls in my contraption).  Here is the screenshot after letting the liquid settle. Notice the additional 12.5kg of magically created fluid.  

1532523480_Screenshotfrom2021-05-0515-17-23.thumb.png.88344106c8cb15a259b4a633edfe3a8f.png

It's super simple to reproduce, which I hope means it will be easy to squash and remove from the game. Until then, this duplication device is so much simpler to use than the previous matter duplication bug that required a larger contraption to freeze/thaw stuff. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment