Sign in to follow this  

Just bought the game and crashes at the Klei logo

jackv16
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Bought the game, fresh install with no mods but the game just crashes at the Klei logo. Already tried all the solutions in the "Troubleshooting Guide" with no avail. Also, no "output_log.txt" to be found on the game's directory. I'm uploading the  the post instructions asked me. I'm sorry but if in 2 weeks there's no solution I will have to refund.

Thanks for the support.

DxDiag.txt

Edit: working now, see post below

Steps to Reproduce
Fresh install with AMD hardware?

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Edit: Nevermind my previous post, i mixed up 2 forum pages. Sorry for that.

The dxdiag wont provide useful infos in this case. Could you check again for the games output log?

Its NOT in the games directory, but in \Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Klei\Oxygen Not Included and is called output_log.txt

Edited by SharraShimada

Share this comment

18 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Its NOT in the games directory, but in \Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Klei\Oxygen Not Included and is called output_log.txt

Damn the game just suddenly out of nowhere and after hours without trying to boot it up just suddenly works...like no more crashing even with afterburner working and all. This is super odd cuz I didn't restart my PC or even closed Steam.

The output_lox.txt must be have updated to the working version so I can't prove this weird thing that happened but anyway I'm just uploading it.

There was another user with the same problem as well: https://steamcommunity.com/app/457140/discussions/3/1638661595057191002/

output_log.txt

Share this comment

The output log is from your now running game. It seems there was no output log prior to this. 

So, for now, be happy, and if the game refuses to run again, check the log again. 

I think this was something like permission problems, and windows solved them just not in time. 

Share this comment